More proof of a 15" MBPr refresh at WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Luminose, May 15, 2015.

1. Luminose, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015

Luminose macrumors newbie

I ordered a 15” MBPr with integrated graphics on April 23rd. Delivery was supposed to be May 15 - 21, but how has now been pushed back to June 9 - 15. Basically a 6-7 week backorder at this point. More fodder for a WWDC refresh? Seem suspicious the delivery dates start the day after WWDC starts.

Am I getting my hopes up? Are high-end i7's or GeForce 750Ms in small supply?

Edit, Duh, I fixed the dates.

Attached Files:

2. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

I didn't know you could go back in time. :p

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Haven't you heard of Apple's new extremely efficient delivery services? They've truly revolutionized shipping, actually enabling you to receive your order before you've placed it. It's a new element of Apple's ability to know what the consumers want even before they do. :p

4. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

OP, when you order one of the higher end models online, it almost always is 3-4 weeks for delivery. You should probably go to your local Apple store if you want it now. They usually have them in stock.

5. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I think so, all the best buys in my state are sold out of them and i've heard reports that they are out all over the country. Even Amazon.com and all the Apple stores in my state

Kal.

6. Cmd-Z, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015

Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

B&H is indicating "Not available with current selections" for some 15" configurations (e.g. 2.8 GHz/ 512 GB/ 750M) ... and not the general "more coming soon" message (e.g 2.5 GHz/ 1 TB/ 750M). This would seem to me that the line is drying up ahead of an update, perhaps very soon.

7. Luminose thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't even care about Broadwell that much. The could keep the current chip but upgrade to a faster ssd, newer gpu, force touch, etc and aid be happy. Then they could release a kick ass redesign for sky lake in 2016.

8. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Agreed.

K.

9. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

The UK store still shows the usual 1 business day for the stock 15" Pro and still says 2 to 3 weeks for the one with the dedicated GPU. It hasn't changed from this for a while now so I wouldn't say a refresh is imminent yet.

10. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

11. moworks2 macrumors member

Question about exchanges

Say I bought a macbook pro, the 2499 model, during the first week of June in an apple store, and Apple releases updates to it on 8 June. Can I get it exchanged? I think I read someplace that there is this period, a few weeks maybe, where you can get it changed.

I suppose I'd have to keep the mbp in its box, unopened, etc. Return new for new.

Thanks for tips. I'm needing a new laptop. Was ready to pull trigger at end of next week via B&H for the mbp with dgpu but seeing current events maybe I should wait. If it's just a speed upgrade, maybe more recent nvidia dgpu and the track pad thingy I guess there's not much to worry about. Or is there? ;-)

M

12. newellj macrumors 601

Apple and most authorized resellers have a "two week" return period. I put that in quotation marks because some are 15 day, others are 14 day, and a few won't take the computer back if you've opened the box unless the computer is actually defective.

13. moworks2 macrumors member

Ok, thanks for this info newellj. I need to decide what to do. Just order this current mbp and not think about it anymore. Wait. See what apple does. Afraid if I wait to buy first week in June I may not find the high end mbp I want. Could walk into an apple store in Miami and try and pick one up.

Decisions.

14. newellj macrumors 601

Just to make it harder, there are always the refurbs to consider in the online Apple Store. They're an excellent value although availability can be catch as catch can.

15. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

The old Unibody MacBook/ MacBook Pro life span is about 2008 - 2012 15" ( 4 years)

The retina MacBook Pro 2012 - let's say 2015 (3 years)

The life span is about there, so there might be a possibility.

16. Kal-037, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015

Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

I'm really hoping all these "shortages" and "delays" with the Mid-2014 MBP are indicators of a refresh in 3 weeks. It would be a huge coincidence to have this all happen with less than a month before WWDC. lol

Either way, I sold my MBP for the same price I got it, so I'm truly ready for a possible update (for a change.) lol... I usually always miss the mark or can't buy the current updated models.

Please Apple give me:

1. an 800 or 900 series dGPU. :D
    2. Force Touch TP
    3. Faster Processor Choices. (2.9 or 3.0GHz i7) :D
    4. Faster SSD. :D
    5. 16GB RAM Standard.

Can you build it Apple? Yes you can! ;) :apple:

Kal.

17. yjchua95 macrumors 604

16GB RAM is already standard on 15" rMBPs.

I seriously hope that Apple will just skip Broadwell entirely and go straight to Skylake. The changes from Haswell to Broadwell were minor, but Skylake is going to bring a lot of things.

And if Apple could throw in a GTX 960M, I'd love that.

18. mcarling macrumors 65816

Oh no! I don't want to wait until 2016, when Skylake-H parts will be introduced. I want a Broadwell 15" MBP this summer or autumn.

19. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

I put the 16GB RAM on purpose, I know it's already there. I just wanted to list that I want it to stay there, lol... (one never knows what Apple might do.) ;)

As for Skylake, I would like to have that as well, but I can't wait until 2016. I also worry with Skylake we may not get a dGPU, (I feel even though we don't know for sure if the next MBP update will have one.... I think there's a greater chance it will be paired with Broadwell due it's iGPU not being as good as Skylake's iGPU.

Kal.

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Me too, but to be honest, I don't think they will.