More Proof of Apple/Nintendo Relationship

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Aranince, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=5970

Well...supposedly Nintendo is going to have a private press conference September 5th as well. Nintendo Updated the Wii with new firmware the same day as Apple released the new iMacs.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Why? I find it quite odd that they are doing this on the same exact day.

...I guess I am a freak. YAY.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

While it's possible (the idea of using the Wii as a streamer for iTunes would be REALLY cool), I really doubt there is any such Apple-Nintendo relationship.

People like to theorize an Apple-Nintendo relationship for the exact same reason that it is unlikely; the companies are too similar. They are both extremely controlling and demand control of every aspect of a product (see Apple with AT&T), and are both extremely secretive.

They wouldn't work well together at all.

But we'll see...

(also, why aren't I invited to this event?)

5. kjr39 macrumors 6502

I must say that after playing around with the 360s interface for sharing content that Apple is missing out by not having a game platform to leverage.

Combine a Wii and AppleTV together and I think you have the key piece in home digital content management.

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Although we must admit that Apple has very little influence in the gaming arena; not a lot of developers would immediately jump on the support bandwagon, and video games are an expensive arena to enter, Microsoft lost $4 billion in their first system. Also, the market is also actually pretty small.

It'd be smarter for Apple to partner with an existing company. Say Nintendo or Sony. Maybe sell iTunes over Wii Ware.

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I think 'speculations' was the word you were looking for. Not proof. ;) Or maybe 'wishful thinking'? ^_^