More Question's regarding the Ipod touch 16gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Narmis, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Narmis macrumors newbie

Ok well first of all, i must comment on the battery life of the IPOD touch...it literally sucks. Or maybe i'm doing something wrong...idk, but my ipod dies in like an hour :mad:

ok anyways for the questions,
    1. Can i download personal pictures from my comp. onto the Ipod touch? I tried but it won't let me.

2. How do i use the calendar?...do i have to go on the computer everytime in order to write something in my calendar? Or is there a way I can type it directly into the Ipod?

That's about it for now, thanks.:apple:

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

1. yes
    2. tap the + icon in the top right of the calendar app.

3. GUILTIE macrumors regular

Hmm that's strange. I love the battery life. I'm not sure of the numbers but it has plenty for me. Make sure you turn off the WiFi when you're not using it, it can really kill the battery. Also i keep the brightness at the middle which is enough strength and the battery lasts a while with it.

4. Narmis thread starter macrumors newbie

well the question is, HOW do i download personal pics?

Sorry but when it comes to tech stuff, i'm retarded...so what + are u referring to? Because i don't see one.
    :confused:

5. Narmis thread starter macrumors newbie

lol i only turn the thing on when i'm at the gym, and half way through it powers down...wifi is almost always off and my brightness is in the middle range as well...but thanks for the help!

6. David G. macrumors 6502a

If it dies within an hour you have a defective unit, no doubt. Call up :apple: and get it fixed/replaced.

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, that wasn't the question in your original post.

Mac OS or Whendoze? We need to know that to help you.

8. David G. macrumors 6502a

Her profile says HP tablet.

9. Narmis thread starter macrumors newbie

It's "her"...but yeah, good looking out David. Akon i have a tablet...does that mean i need to by a Mac PC?..lol

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

You don't need to buy a mac, but you should! Haha, that's for another time.

What photo program are you using? Honestly, I've never synced an iPod to Windows, but I might be able to help. You should be able to go into the Photos tab when your iPod is plugged in. From there, in the "sync photos from:" part, select the drop down menu and "choose folder." Then navigate to the folder with your photos inside (it'd be easier to have them all in one place). That should do the trick. If that doesn't work, let us know. I'd make sure that they're all jpegs before attempting to sync.

Photoshop Album and Elements should both be able to sync the program-created albums via iTunes, if you have either of those.

11. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

To akonradi,

Stop being a douche. You have an attitude in this thread and it isn't cool.

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes, please pardon me for trying to be helpful.

13. Narmis thread starter macrumors newbie

haven't tried it yet, but i will let you know as soon as i do....and the calendar does not have a + in the corner...i looked for it :(

14. aethelbert macrumors 601

Go to Settings --> General --> About. Where it says version, is it by chance 1,1 or 1,1,1? Those didn't have the calendar editing as it was included in firmware 1,1,2. Update the software if you don't have 1,1,2 or later.

15. Narmis thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok (thanks for the step by step process)...well it says 1.1.1...lol so i have to update my software...i guess you know what i'm going to ask next (lol)...how to i update it? Do i go to itunes?

16. Narmis thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright Mr. Akonradi, now for the downloading personal pictures part.
    I have to download with windows do to the fact that I have an HP laptop. So...i tried to do so...when i put the USB plug into the comp...it says, "device options: Import photos, using windows"...therefore i clicked that option, and in the corner of my screen, it seems as though it is attempting to download the photos...but then another thing pops up and says, "no new picture or videos were found on this device"....so now i'm wondering if i have to import my pictures to a different file setting, then possibly download them (because my personal photos are in my "pictures file" in my documents folder)...hope i didn't confuse you. thanks for your help (PS: i didn't think you sounded rude)