more reasons why the "open" market place fails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfan881, Aug 13, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Feb 22, 2006
  2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Mar 28, 2009
    Ya got nada, nothing, zilch Go read a book and stop worrying about Android. When you post nonsense like this it only makes you seem fearful. Android exists. Deal with it.
  3. rookie1082 macrumors regular

May 29, 2010
    MY GOD MAN! So many friggin ppl complain about how this is an APPLE forum not an ANDROID forum. Most of the Android threads are started by Mac users! Pathetic!

Why are you all SO scared of Android that you need to post about it in a Mac forum? Seriously, be happy with YOUR purchase.
  4. MicroApple macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2010

Your the type of person who would love a dictatorship.

Seriously WTF are you talking about. I can make a fake photoshop program for MacOSX and if someone downloads it, and thinks its a the real thing, its apples fault? Would you prefer everything be a closed market. We might as while shutdown, Windows, MacOSX, and Linux cause they all are "open" you can download applications, you can be tricked into thinking they are something else same as a store.
  5. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Mar 28, 2009
  6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Jan 16, 2008
    Bristol, UK
  7. Schweitzer macrumors regular

Jul 25, 2010

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

Think about it (if you can).

Although: that would be expecting too much of you, obviously.

So just keep "thinking different". That's good enough for you and that's what you deserve.
  8. ikaveh macrumors regular

Nov 2, 2008
    so with your stupid conclusion lets close the whole internet because some day a moron may put a racist wallpaper in the net???
  9. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2009
    HAHAHAAHHAA! It's just a phone you damn loser. It's not WWIII.
  10. Schweitzer macrumors regular

Jul 25, 2010
    No, don't be mean. That's not what he said.

All he said is that the internet would be a better place if it was owned by Apple.
    Same applies to all "open" market places.

We have a genius here, obviously.
  11. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Mar 28, 2009
    Let's hope the genius doesn't work for Apple.
  12. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Sep 12, 2007
    I'm not a fan of censorship as a general rule. However...IF I was "KING of the INTERNET", you'd have to take a basic aptitude and spelling test prior to posting, LOL.
  13. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

Feb 22, 2006
    So your saying you suport some one who is also stealling a app from devs and then selling it for there own personal gain? :rolleyes:
  14. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2010
    Really Op? You and the developer are the same. Putting out hate about something. Your post should have been about how someone abuses a market that is open source. You should figure out how to stop the developer from issuing out hate instead of showing the same tendencies.
  15. admanimal macrumors 68040

Apr 22, 2005
    Way to be overly dramatic. Apple has a store. Apple decides what does or does not go in the store, just like 99% of other stores in the world. No one is attacking your human rights. I'm not suggesting anything is wrong with the way Android does it, either.
  16. Schweitzer macrumors regular

Jul 25, 2010
    Altitude. It's called "altitude" test.

Learn english.
  17. tuatha macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2010
    The fake tweetdeck app was gone within a few hours and by the time I looked at it (last night) there was already about ten comments on it warning people not to download it.

These people actually bought the app in order to comment on it and warn people off it. (and then they hit the 'refund and uninstall' button, obviously)

Android - where people care about each other ;)

edit: correction - it's still there, which is pretty shoddy on Google's part. the nazi one is gone though.
  18. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2010
    I may be wrong, but wasn't it Benjamin Franklin that said that? I don't think he had the app store in mind when he said that.
  19. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

May 19, 2008
    No, the term "aptitude test" used above was correct.

Main Entry: aptitude test
    Function: noun
    Date: 1923
    : a standardized test designed to predict an individual's ability to learn certain skills

Perhaps you are the one in need of remedial English instruction.
  20. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Jan 4, 2008
    the island
    You should try really really hard to make sure you are using a word correctly before you go and tell someone to "learn english."

I don't often say this but, the english teacher in me can't resist: you fail.

I'm not sure if nazi apps on the android marketplace prove a failure of the "open" ecosystem, but it definitely is a shinning example of the slippery slope it sits on.