More Saturation on Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wizwaz3, Jun 5, 2009.

1. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

Hello,

I recently bought a new white Macbook and after 2 years of acclimating to my beautiful 24" iMac's screen, I feel like the Macbook needs more saturation. I've played with the color profile many times and I've compared it to the iMac while doing this and can't match it no matter what I do. Does anyone know how I can increase the saturation on my Macbook to better match my iMac?

Thank you!

2. evilgreg macrumors regular

evilgreg

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It's not going to happen, as it's a limitation of the cheapie TN panel.

4. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i won't lie. i can't lie.

i laughed. i laughed a good laugh. :D

5. wizwaz3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

So nothing? Not even apps that can tweak the video output? That's disappointing. I have to admit, the Macbook screen looks more like real color, but I prefer the pop the iMac gives... =(

6. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Try going in Universal Access and adjusting the contrast.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The thing is, it's not a matter of "video output," it's a matter of the capabilities of the LCD panel and its inherent limitations.

8. wizwaz3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

Ok. Thank you all for your answers. At least now I won't be googling like crazy trying to find a solution. =)

9. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Apple puts cheap TN panels in a lot of their laptops.

Sorry to say, but there's not much that you can do if you've got a bad panel, short of replacing it yourself.

10. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

sorry, but my unibody macbook screen is gorgeous as my friends unibody mbp. the screens in the unibody mb have been updated...

11. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Yes, some of the "unibody" MacBooks and MBPs have TN panels that are better than their predecessors, but they're still not all that great compared to most desktop TN panels (let alone S-IPS/IPS displays.)

If you need good color reproduction, you use a IPS display with proper calibration. Laptops are great for doing work on the move, but it's a little silly to expect perfect color accuracy on a laptop panel, esp. a cheap TN one. IBM's FlexView panels are about the only laptop panels I'd ever consider doing serious graphic work on, but those were discontinued due to their complexity, weight, and cost...