More shipments to Apple Stores for walk-ins?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aelton, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Aelton macrumors regular

Anyone know how it usually works for shipments to Apple stores after a big launch like this? Any chance they will continue to get shipments?

2. Gadget Chief macrumors member

I tried gettin info out of WNY apple. All i could get was "soon" so i asked sooner than ATT on tues.... which got a laugh and another "well soon"

3. michael31986 macrumors 68040

probably around july 2nd which is when the next batch of preorder will be delievered

4. unicorngoddess macrumors newbie

I was wondering too...I can't line up until Saturday though. But I seem to remember they got daily shipments at the apple store for the 3GS. Assuming they learn from each release and keep trying to improve, I would expect them to have daily shipments.

5. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

That was my thinking as well but I was trying to decide if I was being unrealistically optimistic. Last year, do you know if part of the daily shipments was allocated for walk-ins?

6. Gadget Chief macrumors member

i was just told they get product shipments every day but to expect early next week.

7. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping they put the iPhone availability on Apple.com like they have in the past. So you can check to see what stores have them in stock. Anyone hear any info if they are going to be doing that anytime soon?

8. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

I just talked to my local Apple Store and they said that they don't know when they will get another shipment. It could be today, tomorrow, next week... They are starting a priority list though, so if/when they get more they will notify the people on the list.

9. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

That’s what I did, the priority list. I didn’t have a pre-order and after calling Radio Shack, which didn’t get any, Wal-Mart which got 2 (the store in my area, anyway) and Best Buy was out I just figured I’d probably have better luck going to the Apple store and ordering it from them. I figure I’ll get it before July 14, which is about the best I could do ordering it directly. We shall see…

10. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone hear of any shipments arriving so far today?