More space for image files?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mavericks7913, Aug 11, 2016.

1. mavericks7913 macrumors 6502

Well as you know, iOS 10 will allow the camera to shoot in RAW format which is very cool. Im thinking to get 32gb iPhone 7 Plus but I don't think that I can shoot more than 3~400 pics due to app sizes. I don't use Cloud system cause it's too complicate to transfer everything and then delete. Any recommended apps or solution for more space to take RAW images?

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Dropbox, or Google photos maybe..... Problem is they change quality when uploading. Google photos has a setting that allows unlimited space of you allow the app to reduce the IMG quality, but that defeats your purpose. It has a setting for full quality but I can't recall the Gig amount they give you.

3. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

4. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I don't think that's confirmed, is it? It would be totally unApple.

Huh? iCloud Photos is probably the simplest, and certainly the most integrated photo management solution on the iPhone. And you can set it to Optimize Storage, which saves space automatically.

5. mavericks7913 thread starter macrumors 6502

http://petapixel.com/2016/06/14/apple-bringing-raw-photo-editing-ios/
    It already showed during WWDC 2016

Not for me. I've been shooting pics for several years and I have over 8000 pics which is 32gb. iCloud has small storage and not even comfortable. That's the biggest minus for me.

6. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

The presentation backdrop said "Raw photo editing". It didn't say the user would have access to raws from the iPhone camera.

50 GB of iCloud storage is $12 per year.

7. mavericks7913 thread starter macrumors 6502

Without accessing raw files, how will you even able to edit raw files? Also, Photos already support RAW files. They don't need to make another raw photo editing app. Without taking raw photos, raw photo editing is impossible.

Still not that reliable and very complicate to transfer all files to HDD. No thanks.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Google photos:

- unlimited storage
    - has a "free up space" feature that will delete photos off your phone if they have been uploaded already.
    - Pretty simple to use.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Dropbox does not mess with your image quality does it?

10. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

At reduced resolution, unless you want to pay.

Yes, the commercial is on every ten minutes during the Olympics. They're obviously mocking the iPhone, but from pre iOS 9 days, which is hilariously stupid. iPhones don't run out of space for new photos if you have iCloud Photos with optimize storage on. And it's much smarter than simply deleting photos from your phone.