More space for the ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dazloe, Sep 22, 2008.

1. dazloe macrumors member

Greetings ladies and gentleman, love the site, just joined the forums :)
    I'm looking to buy my first ipod and I'm leaning towards an ipod touch, but I don't think 32 gb is enough. My itunes library is 39 gb alone! I wonder why Apple didn't make ipod touch with more space, even 64 gb would be nice!

So my question is: Is it worth buying one now and dealing with less space or should I wait another year or however long it takes for the the new ipod touch? Hoping that it has a bigger hard drive? Thanks for your opinions in advance :)

2. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I say wait until the third week of January, then if there is not 64gb and you NEED to upgrade, go 32gb. I am waiting for 64gb too, but I have a feeling my current touch is on the way out. Wait at least until Macworld 2009. (They upgraded capacity then last year)

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I'm sure you listen daily to only less than 10% of those 39 GBs. Do you reaaaaally need to have your entire library with you all the time??

I have 40 GB library (excluding movies) and went from 60 GB iPod to 16 GB Touch and don't even miss the extra space.

4. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Ha! I have over 100GB in my library (28 Movies, 176 Tv Episodes, Nine audiobooks, 200 Songs), thank god for my 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive.

Trust me when I say you don't need enough space for your whole library. My 8GB fits nine 45min TV episodes, 200 (average 4:20 in length) songs, two 8-hour audiobooks, 1000 photos, and five podcasts with over 200MB remaining.

Unless you are going to be away from home for an entire week (with an external charger) and listening/watching media every waking hour, just sync to your computer while you let it charge to put on new content.

5. dazloe thread starter macrumors member

hmmm good point about the 10% library, but I'm not counting movies shows, podcasts, games and apps.

txhockey9404 said wait until January and there might be some changes, it's only four months away so I might just wait until then and if there aren't any changes just settle with the 32 gb. Thanks for your help guys!

6. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I went from an 80gb classic (which was full) to a 32gb touch... like others said, you just can't keep everything with you all the time. Its an adjustment, but if you are like me you probably have a ton of stuff you never listen to anyways.