More sturdy than spigen slim armor but thinner than candy shell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by marddin, Sep 26, 2013.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

I recently purchased a sgp slim armor case for my 5S and while I love the color combo I got I feel it's not as sturdy as my old speck candy shell. I hate how candy shells have terrible color selection so I'm looking for an alternative.

I feel like if I drop my phone with sgp slim armor it may damage. With the candy shell I've dropped thousands of times.

Any suggestions?

2. natejohnstone@g macrumors regular

natejohnstone@g

Have you tried the Spigen Neo Hybrid (the full case, not the bumper-only one)?

Those are a bit thinner than the Slim Armor (even thinner than the Slim Armor S), and to me they seem to have a bit more drop protection *untested!

3. ricktat macrumors 6502a

Spigen Tough Armor works great and is still thin

4. nioted macrumors regular

+1 on the Tough Armor. I first had the slim armor then Spigen released the tough armor and I decided to get it. It offers very good protection with just a bit more thickness then the slim armor. Definitely thinner than the candy shell. I liked it so much a got a second one in a different color. I hope they sell the backplate separately like the slim armor.

5. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the comment. I have a UAG navigator coming. Will also order a tough armor to try out. Visually it seems like it'd be thicker than the candy shell but I will order one and give it a shot. Thanks!

6. nioted macrumors regular

I also have a UAG. I loved it on my iphone 4 so I bought it for the 5S when I caught it on sale. Its a bit bulkier by a millimeter or 2 compared to the tough armor. They both provide a good lip (table lay) so you wont scratch the screen.

7. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I really liked the contrast in color from the tough armor. It just felt less protected. I was able to easily pull the case off with just a the push of my thumb on the corner. Hopefully the UAG isn't to bulky.

Thanks again for the precise and detailed comments!