More than 1 picture in picture on iMovie??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WareWolf, Apr 7, 2010.

1. WareWolf macrumors member

I currently started recording guitar covers and found that i can only add only one picture in picture track on a currently playing video track. Sometimes i need to have atleast 3 videos playing at the same time for atleast a few seconds and it seems i cant do that?

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to do what i need on iMovie or if you know another video editing app (Preferably one that allows recording from the macs icam straight away like in Imovie) where i can add several layers of video tracks on my main video track?

2. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I can't directly answer your question, but I do have a suggestion for a possible workaround. Could you export the video with the single PiP, then import it and add another PiP to it? A few extra steps required (and much less versatile if you need to change anything), but might work if you can't find a better way.

3. WareWolf thread starter macrumors member

That deffinetely makes sense. Its a somewhat annoying workaround for a small 6 minute video but what if it was like a huge HD video it would for sure be a pain in the ass to do so. Also its not as precise as directly controling 3 videos at the same time rather than controling two videos exporting them and then adding a 3rd video

But thanks for the advice

4. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I agree that it's far from ideal, but at least it should get the job done.