More than 10 Mac devs giving a 20% discount on software to compete with Macheist

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GorillaPaws, Nov 6, 2009.

1. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

So in order to compete with Macheist and still feed their families, several indie mac developers are offering a 20% discount on their software this week. They set up a "one-finger" discount promo site that's good thru this week; I wonder which finger they're using?

2. GorillaPaws thread starter macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

Looks like there's 40 indie developer houses signed on now, some of them are pretty big in the Mac indie world.

3. reubs macrumors 68000

There are few devs I'm hoping will pop up on here (Noodlesoft and Atebits, maybe?) and hopefully some that I'm not thinking about. Looking at the MH bundle, it's not even worth it for me at free since I don't need those other apps. This OFD, though, could get good.

4. GorillaPaws thread starter macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

You should fire off a couple e-mails to let them know. I think it's generating some decent buzz. Macworld did a short article on it.

5. Middling macrumors regular

Not part of this Onefingerdiscount offer but you can currently get 20% off Scrivener during NaNoWriMo by using the code "NANOWRIMO" during the checkout.

You can get 50% off if you take part in NaNoWriMo and successfully complete it.

More details here.