more than 5 authorizations?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by fluidedge, Feb 1, 2008.

1. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

Hi,

I've currently authorized 4 macs to play my itunes, however one of these was an iMac that i only had for 1 week and had to return to apple because of screen issues.

So that was a bit of a waste of an authorization. Is there anyway of getting that one back, or is there a way of authorizing more than 5 macs to play my music. I'm due to be getting a new mac pro soon which when i authorize it will take up all my quoter - it'll be my 5th and final one.

Solutions?

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Go to your account in iTunes and deauthorize all. You can do this once a year.

3. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Open iTunes -> Go to the music store -> Click on your user name up on the top right -> Loads Apple Account Information page -> Then about half way, there is the option to Deauthorize All. For some reason you can only do this once a year, and you have to re-authorize all your computers. But its the only way to do one you don't have anymore, to my knowledge that is. Hope that helps.

Edit: Grr...took to long.

4. fluidedge thread starter macrumors 65816

fluidedge

thanks great advice.

i'd like to do this anyway as i authorized a friend's computer to play a few of my shared tracks at university, but we're no longer at uni so he doesn't need access to my music anymore, thats another one back.

cheers.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Note that the Deauthorize All button will only appear if you have used all five available simultaneous authorizations and have not used the feature within the past 12 months.

Linky