more than just playlists through car stereo?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by adp9, Apr 12, 2011.

1. adp9 macrumors newbie

I got my first Ipod in 2004 and eventually graduated from using a headphone connection to my car stereo to a properly integrated system with Alpine 9857.

I've still got the Alpine, which works with my new iTouch and my so-new-its-still-a-novelty iPhone.

All except charging, but there is an Alpine adapter to fix that that.

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be kind of cool if I could also play streaming radio or podcasts in my car on long trips.

Sadly, since the Alpine controls the iPod it'll only let me play music or books from my iTunes library, not anything else.

Do any of the other aftermarket car stereos that control the iDevice allow for greater flexibility of use beyond the playlist?

Thanks!

2. MaxMike macrumors 6502

My Clarion radio gives me full integration so I can go through Playlists, Artists, Albums, etc., but video playback cannot go through the USB connection. It also has has Stereo Bluetooth streaming so that could be a way to stream say Pandora, but I don't know if your radio even has Bluetooth.

3. adp9 thread starter macrumors newbie

more than just iTunes?

MaxMike -

The Clarion sounds like it does what my Alpine is capable of, with the addition of bluetooth.

Would a bluetooth capable radio allow other internet radio applications besides Pandora and/or Audible.com?