More than one 'supposed' partitions, installing Windows 7 - bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ecerra, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ecerra macrumors newbie

I am trying to install Windows 7 using boot camp assitant but it keeps telling me that "the startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows" and the only partitions is the "Macintosh HD" and "Recovery HD". If it helps I deleted a Ubuntu partition very recently.

I am running Lion.

2. torid110 macrumors regular

After you deleted the Ubuntu partition, did you resize the OSX partition to use the space that was left ?

3. ecerra thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ecerra thread starter macrumors newbie

5. zaxdude macrumors regular

6. MacsAreBetter\ macrumors member

MacsAreBetter\

Try repairing your disk through Disk Utility. Then try permissions. Good luck!

7. ecerra thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah for some reason I can't get passed the first page of the Boot Camp Assistant.

----------

I've done that like 5 times from the actual OS and also from the Recovery Partition and from the USB Recovery Disk I made.

8. xDC macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had the same issue, the only fix was to back up with time machine, erase the disk (which was done right before when I had fresh installed lion) but when I reformatted again and restored with time machine it worked

9. ecerra thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you reformat the drive from the normal Recovery Partition or from a USB Recovery Drive?