More then one mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by famous600, Apr 26, 2013.

1. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

What would the benefits be of having a multi mini household? Found a local deal giving away a few 2011-2012 minis on the cheap and am really tempted to possibly pick up a couple. Currently have the 2.3 i7 acting as a media center in the living room running XBMC and controls the PLEX server in the background.

2. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I'm a Mini junkie (Although I've sold them due to bills) I'd say one could never have enough. :)

How many family members? I'd get one for each. (I'll be buying four, as I can afford them starting next month.)

Good luck, I can't wait to see what you do.

3. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

i too once thought of multiple minis in the house but i went the affordable route of just having a nas drive with a couple of media server boxes around "wd tv live" they work awesome and play almost every format known to man.

4. Bunyak macrumors member

It seems like most people don't need a desktop PC any more. If so, then I suppose there's no need for a second Mini.

A 2010 Mini is connected to my TV because it has a DVD drive. I require Windows for my workplace VPN so I have a second Mini for Bootcamp and miscellaneous desktop stuff.