More to life than battery life!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Timmyj1982, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Timmyj1982 macrumors newbie

I've had my iPhone 7 (not Plus) since launch, and coming from a 6+ and briefly an SE I'm finding the battery life pretty grim - hasn't made it through a full day of use yet (I spend a lot of time on phone calls & email - no gaming).

I researched over the weekend and switched off all the functions that are known battery suckers (background app refresh, spotlight search etc etc) but today it almost felt worse! After 2 hours on calls this morning I was down to 41%.

I appreciate that it could be bad signal or something underlying, but I've got home and made the decision to turn all the functions back on, turn the percentage display off and just get on with my life - charging and topping up when I'm in the car and when I get home. Why should I sacrifice functionality just to get through a day?

I've tried the battery case, but while it solves the problem... that bump! Too heavy and difficult to use one handed. Much prefer going naked!

Will just enjoy this brilliant phone and all it's capable of!

There's more to life than watching that percentage go down!

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I've been in Amsterdam staring at the screen seeing the battery slowly going down, wondering if the 7% will take me home. It's a 45 minute bus ride, and 2 minutes until I am at my front door. And I was in a facetime video call - but most of it the phone's closed in my pocket, power safe mode on.

I came home to 1%, and had time to say bye, go to the bathroom, and check the new msgs, before plugging it in.

I honestly was surprised.

And there have been times when I open iMsg at 25% and within ten minutes of use it's down to 12% and I wonder why.

I've also learned to really not care if it's at 90% or 10% .. that 10% really isn't like 10 years ago where that gave you about 10 more minutes.