More Trouble Renting Movies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hrothgar, May 13, 2016.

1. Hrothgar macrumors 6502

Last week I rented a movie through iTunes on my iPad. I was downloading it wirelessly, and didn't have time to finish the download. I didn't watch the movie.

Tonight, I'd like to watch it.
    if I go to "Videos" on my iPad, I see the movie, but the "Image" is just a place holder with the movie title -- not the "poster" of the movie. If it hit the "play" button, the video player opens and it says "loading", with the wheel spinning. But nothing happens. After about ten seconds, it goes back to the movie's page under "rentals".

I tried calling iTunes help, but I guess Apple doesn't want to spend any of its $216 billion in cash on hiring people to sit at the help desk. I gave up waiting.

I can't see any way to restart the download. I'd rather not re-purchase the movie and then have to deal with iTunes to try to get a credit.

any ideas?

2. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

I'm not even getting 1080p movies anymore on an older Snow Leopard Mac running an older version of iTunes. As of February 2017, iTunes will only send 720p files even with 1080p selected (was fine before that). Subler verified the files are only 720p. I checked and rechecked every setting. It's getting to be more buggy than a bait store. Perhaps it's a new unadvertised "feature".

I've never had any trouble getting a rental refunded, though if something went wrong. It's one of the few times I've gotten responses back from customer service.