More Voltage Or Max Watts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sawtooth811, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Is there a possible way to increase A LITTLE more voltage/max watts through a Mac's motherboard? Like my Sawtooth (which is the lowest by the way, according to Mactracker) has maximum watts of 200W, and all others like the Cube and Gigabit Ethernet (Medusa2) have something like 220W, 240W max. Is there a way, because this may be the reason why my computer doesn't work with LCD ADC because it's not powerful enough.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

The reason why your sawtooth doesn't support the old ADC-connector cinema displays is because it does not have the extra power connector to the AGP slot found in later G4s and early G5s. It does, however, support the later DVI displays provided you have the correct graphics card (a 20" should work fine with the stock card).

3. Sawtooth811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

It should work, because someone did the exact same thing as I did and it worked for them. I do believe that there isn't enough power going through the motherboard. I might buy a more powerful PSU or mod my own, and if that doesn't work, I'm getting rid of this thing! Does anyone know how to mod a PSU to increase the max watts?