Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckoftheirish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Hey guys,
I have Win 7 installed through bootcamp, as well as all the drivers. Only issue is that I made the Windows partition way too small. I don't have my win 7 disk anymore, though i do have XP if necessary. I am running a couple of games, but need more space. I read another forum about trying to change the windows partition sizes, but couldn't really tell if it worked or not. (Using disk util to resize mac HD, then booting to windows and expanding the drive.) I am wondering, is there a way to just create a blank partition that is compatible with windows? If i really have to reinstall i will, but it's a bit of a pain, plus I will lose windows 7. could i also as an alternative, install XP for more space? Thanks guys :D

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Hey guys,
I have Win 7 installed through bootcamp, as well as all the drivers. Only issue is that I made the Windows partition way too small. I don't have my win 7 disk anymore, though i do have XP if necessary. I am running a couple of games, but need more space. I read another forum about trying to change the windows partition sizes, but couldn't really tell if it worked or not. (Using disk util to resize mac HD, then booting to windows and expanding the drive.) I am wondering, is there a way to just create a blank partition that is compatible with windows? If i really have to reinstall i will, but it's a bit of a pain, plus I will lose windows 7. could i also as an alternative, install XP for more space? Thanks guys :D

Have you tried running Boot Camp Assistant to resize the partition?

luckoftheirish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
That's kind of what i am asking. There is no way as far as i can tell, to resize windows from the mac disk utility without killing it completely. I can resize the mac, but then i just have empty space. is there a way for this to actually be accessible by windows? i need like 30 gigabytes of extra space, and HD has about 180 free.

----------

Have you tried running Boot Camp Assistant to resize the partition?
:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.