More Wireless Problems with Macbook and 10.5.2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frogger2020, Feb 12, 2008.

1. frogger2020 macrumors regular

I am having worse WiFi issues than with 10.5.1. I decided to completely re-format and load Leopard on my Macbook. I can get onto the wireless network and download 10.5.2. Once 10.5.2 is installed and the system is rebooted, I cannot connect wireless with my network even though I get the "full bars".

If I connect my other wireless router (FON), I can connect to the internet. I am suspect there is some incompatibility between my main router (DLink 625) and Leopard. I may have to get a Linksys router.

Does anyone else have similar problems with a DLink router???

2. daly1 macrumors newbie

Yes! I have the exact same problem with a D-Link DIR625. Only my Macbook Pro is having a problem. My iMac which is still on 10.5.1 is working fine. My windows machine is also working fine. The MBP is working fine on other networks.

Anyone have a solution?

3. madater macrumors newbie

same EXACT problem here. I tried updating the firmware version from 1.08 to 1.09. Did not do anything. My ipod touch can get the same wifi my MacBook can't. VERY frustrating.

4. wnorris macrumors member

wnorris

More Wireless Problems with Macbook and 10.5.2

Very similar issues here also. After installing 10.5.2 I can connect my Macbook directly into my D-Link DIR-625 and access the interweb without any issues, but no page will load when wireless even though I am connected as usual with the router.

The problem is only occurring with the Macbook as I am able to connect wirelessly with my iMac, also on 10.5.2, and Dell laptop w/ XP without any issues.

On a different note iTunes is not recognizing my iPod on the iMac since the upgrade.

5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

At my gf's house, they use a d-link router (I don't know the model number). I have had problems dropping the wifi connection over there with leopard through every update. Their windows laptops are fine and my iPhone is fine.

At home I use an AEBS and I have no issues, so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. The problem lies 100% with leopard.

I have my fingers crossed that 3rd times the charm (ie, 10.5.3).

6. wnorris macrumors member

wnorris

starting from scratch

I have just decided to start from scratch and reinstall 10.5 and upgrade directly from there and see how it goes.

I reinstalled 10.5.2 and no help, the only thing that is different from my MacBook vice the iMac is that I have Parallels on the MacBook (going to love having to reinstall it also :))

Update: Installed Leopard 10.5 from scratch and issues w/ wireless were gone. I then upgraded to 10.5.2 and problem was back. No pages would load despite having a connection with the router.

I then installed 10.5 completely and am currently running 10.5.1 without any wireless issues. I will probably site at 10.5.1 for a while until I can find a resolution or 10.5.3 comes out.

I finally found a solution to this problem by going to advanced setting in my router and changing the RTS and Fragmentation thresholds to 2306 from the default 2346.

7. bojackson63044 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem here. Though with a twist:

Wi-fi works flawlessly when the macbook is on AC power. Wireless drops like mad when it's on battery.

8. VIMmac macrumors newbie

wnorris...Thank you for your solution. I messed around with my settings for two weeks before I found your solution and it worked for me as well. Great advice!!! Thanks for your post.
    VIMmac