Morning coffee stupid thoughts

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
Mornin'

What's the first (at least partially) coherent thought you have while drinking your morning coffee?

Mine (7AM, 5h sleep), while watching my morning coffee reflecting the ceiling light: "Hey, the Great Eye of Sauron is watching me"...

Cheers!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
My internal body clock usually gets me up by 3 a.m. and I often have two thoughts concerning this:

1. I am amazed how I can function with a high energy level and be fully productive at work with such sleeping habits and ...

2. Even drill sergeants do not start their day any earlier than I begin mine.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Deepdale said:
My internal body clock usually gets me up by 3 a.m. and I often have two thoughts concerning this:

1. I am amazed how I can function with a high energy level and be fully productive at work with such sleeping habits and ...

2. Even drill sergeants do not start their day any earlier than I begin mine.
Whoa! You wake up at 3AM everyday? When do you goto sleep?

Hmm, I don't drink coffee, and I don't wake up in the morning. I usually stay up til 4 or 5 AM and wake up around noon. I hate morning... Although, I do feel like it's a waste when I wake up late.:rolleyes:

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
SamIchi said:
Whoa! You wake up at 3AM everyday? When do you goto sleep?
I know, it's crazy. Usually I get 45 minutes of sleep soon after the evening news starts at 6:30 -- that must have something to do with Elizabeth Vargas :) -- and at 10 p.m. I usually doze off for another hour. Then around 1:30 I will sleep again until 3 a.m.

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
the first coherent thing I think when drinking my morning coffee is: "bleh, customers." I work at a coffee shop :) speaking of which I need to be there at 6:30 this morning :eek:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
jmufellow said:
the first coherent thing I think when drinking my morning coffee is: "bleh, customers."

Normally I wouldn't think anything of this, but reading your signature gets me worried about what exactly you're saying, or doing... :eek:

jmufellow

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2005
mad jew said:
Normally I wouldn't think anything of this, but reading your signature gets me worried about what exactly you're saying, or doing... :eek:
You caught me redhanded! (or greenhanded?):confused:

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
mad jew said:
One can only hope that employees of the coffee shop do not wear "Vomit On Me" tee-shirts. :)

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
Dog woke me up at 4am and I could not go back to sleep. I guess I'll go make some coffee.

Of course the dog is asleep again next to my warm wife in our cold house, Arg!:mad:

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
crdean1 said:
Of course the dog is asleep again next to my warm wife in our cold house, Arg!
Gives new insight into the expression "being treated like a dog." Sounds like a lucky dog to me. :)

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
Deepdale said:
Gives new insight into the expression "being treated like a dog." Sounds like a lucky dog to me. :)
I'll say. I am the cold one in the family, my wife is always warm so I get close to her. 3 years ago we get this little dog, and now the dog is closest to my wife, and I am left to get close to the dog to try and get warm.

Secondhand warmness. Although I love the dog, I definitely don't sleep as well.

Attachments

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
Trust your coffee thoughts

(sorry if I hijack this thread a bit but I think it's a nice continuation of my first post)

Well, this morning's visitation by the Great Eye was kinda prophetic.

Let's sum things up:
  • 7 AM : The Great Eye appears in my morning coffee, He is watching me, seeking me out, reaching for my soul.. brrr let's sip this one quickly ;)
  • 8 AM : Missed my train, next one in.. 5 hours
  • 11 AM : Phone call, someone close is at the hospital, I save the number on my phone to call back
  • 11.30 AM : Before boarding my train, a schmuk who seems to be about to miss his train runs into me and runs along, without even apologizing.
  • 1 PM : After arriving 5 hours late at my client's office, it now seems quite clear that this late schmuk was in fact a pickpocket. I'm now officially phoneless
  • 2 PM : Why the ... didn't I write down this number on a piece of paper!

Morale of the story: Trust your first thought, beware the Eye, He is Evil.

:eek:

MacVibes

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2005
who is she

On a good morning I ask myself :who is that hot chick?

On an average morning I ask myself: alone again?

On a bad morning I ask myself :all over again?

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
6: hit alarm. Keep hitting snooze until it's 6:21. Punks
6:21: "Hey, where'd my blankets go?"

I actually PHYSICALLY fell out of bed today. It HURT! :(

/has a booboo on her elbow
//stupid high bed
///fell about 3 feet
////there was also a desk in the way.