Moron buys MBA w/o research, complains

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by reiichiroh, Apr 28, 2014.

1. reiichiroh macrumors regular

2. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

3. lina231 macrumors regular

4. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

I actually agree with a lot of his complaints, but he shouldn't have bought a computer that can't do what he wants. Complaining about it is ridiculous. It's not like a MBA is a paltry amount of money either; you would think he'd do at least a little research first.

5. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I don't understand the first sentence (unless he's experienced the horror of iPhoto library management) but the second? It's almost as though he had no idea that it was a different OS, a different GUI with a different set of metaphors, etc etc.

I think the piece is being disingenuous for comedic effect, only he forgot to add the comedy.

6. bniu macrumors 6502a

I've got a few questions for that fella. What's a CD, VGA Port, and a Printer??? :D

If you want to listen to some music, just fire up iTunes! External monitor, isn't everything mini display port these days? Printer? What??? People still print???

I'm so glad my laptops have done away with all the legacy crap that I almost never use.

7. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I just made the PC to Mac transition a couple of months ago and it honestly is not that hard if you have half a brain. I figured out most of it within the first day.
    Besides, who needs to use a USB keyboard and mouse on a laptop???

8. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

WAT? I figured out most things that this guy couldn't in about an hour! No exaggeration. I also spent a whole month doing research before buying my MBP a couple of years ago, so I would know things like the fact that there were only two USB ports and that I would need an adaptor for a VGA monitor. The thread title says it all: "moron."

----------

I know, right? I think that the 2011 iMac would have been better for this guy, but not any newer because it will take him a week to figure out that you can buy a superdrive, then he will make another whiney review which states that once again, he can't do research.

9. Radiating macrumors 65816

Hey guys. I bought a spoon the other day after my knife that I used for years needed to be replaced and it doesn't work for cutting my steak. I thought all cutlery was the same. What is wrong with eating utensils these days?

Hey guys. I bought a jack hammer the other day after the wooden mallet I used for years needed to be replaced and it doesn't work for installing pictures on my wall. I thought all hammers were the same. What is wrong with tools these days?

Hey guys. I bought a toilet the other day after the sink I had been using for years needed replacing and I can't wash my hands very well in the toilet bowl. I thought all bathroom fixtures were the same. What is wrong with bathroom hardware these days?

Hey guys. I bought a MacBook air the other day, after my antiquated desktop replacement needed to be replaced and it doesn't work with my existing short cuts, or hardware and storage. I thought all computers were the same. What is wrong with technology these days?

10. teffers macrumors regular

I have issue taking the article seriously as it's written by someone who, rather than get it fixed or replaced, lugged around a laptop with broken keys and an external keyboard ... this isn't someone who's opinions matter to me :D

11. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I bought Sky TV and I can't play my video tapes in it. Stupid Sky, I hate it.

I bought an iPod and I can't play my "Now That's What I Call Music Vol 1." tape in it.... Stupid iPod, I hate it.

Meh.

12. Chicane-UK macrumors 6502

What a pillock. Surely before you spend that sort of money on a laptop you do some research, and not just assume that every laptop has exactly the same features. Ugh... I didn't want to read the article in any real detail but please tell me he's not a tech journalist.

13. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Lol funny read, I was expecting him to be in his 50's or at least 40's, turns out the guy is only 29.

I made the PC to Mac transition about 2 months ago, took me about a day to learn everything, not that difficult.

14. thundersteele macrumors 68030

So what, it takes a bit to get used to a new ecosystem, and it seems the writer wanted to share that experience. However the article is just bad, and the complaining about no CD drive feels like it was written in 2008.

For each tiny thing Apple removes from a product there are huge threads here with people complaining about it. Lack of USB ports, need of adapters for everything: all been talked about here. So it is not too surprising other people have that same experience.

15. Redbull916 macrumors member

Redbull916

"I wanna go backward", sounds like he already is. :p

16. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

17. Ann P macrumors 68020

"It was several hours before I figured out how to right click."

Too funny.

18. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

19. Mal67 macrumors 6502a

20. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The article was clearly using hyperbole to make a point (i.e. things aren't necessarily as intuitive as we all think for new users)

21. Donoban, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014

Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

Strong troll. I read the entire article to just end up hating this guy.

22. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

1. VGA?? Get and adapter, or a new friggen monitor, it's 2014!!

2. CD's?? Get the mp3 version. Again, it's 2014.

3. USB printer?!?! Although I'm glad he wasn't searching for a serial port on his MBA again, come on, wireless printers are all over now and cheap. Once again, it's 2014 FFS!!

That is all.

He must have been trolling the internets.

23. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

It took me a long time before I was happy to fully convert to OS X. I jumped on the bandwagon in 2008 and my mistake was trying to use my Mac & OS X like it was Windows.

I bought and sold a few MacBook's while the love/hate relationship was going on. I kept going back and then in 2011 after Lion was released I was finally happy with OS X. Quite ironic as most veteran OS X users hated Lion and were pining for Snow Leopard's UI & features :D

24. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

I started with Lion so the change from Win7 was painless. I was also happy to see so many Linux features (folder tree layouts etc)

25. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Jesus, I hope this moron cannot reproduce. Anyone that dumb shouldn't pollute our gene pool.