Morse Code

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eish2306, Sep 9, 2014.

1. eish2306 macrumors regular

eish2306

Could you communicate by morse code - my generation (well most - I never really got into texting until QWERTY) learned to text with abc being 2 22 222 and so on - apple would be 2 7 7 33 555 - but morse code is a much easier language the most common letters are the shortest

.- .--. .--. .-.. . is apple

so if the haptic can do a long touch then I predict a come back in morse code!

What do you think?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I like your thinking. I find it funny that watches were on the decline, and now we want to use watches to do things that the phones in our pockets replaced.

3. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

That would actually be really cool. Probably something that we will see as a third party app.

4. eish2306 thread starter macrumors regular

eish2306

I suppose so - I wonder if it would work out of the box with the drawing/heart part just tap away - it otherwise an app which can teach translate and send morse code - a needs to be discreet and can understand morse - b can just speak to Siri or type and read would be useful and more cross device friendly - I think i might give swift a try some day

----------

But can the haptic module do long and short touches?

5. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

You bring up something interesting...I wonder if this touch/pressure communication will be encrypted in any way. I could see spies/criminals/terrorists using this to communicate.

6. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I teach high school, so my very first thought was "Oh boy, we're going to have to make students take off their smart watches before taking tests". I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to devise a way to cheat on a multiple choice test with this thing. No looking at the screen required, just tap away.