Mortal Kombat movie?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The game looks like a much needed return to form. Form of awesome.

3. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

They need to go back to digitizing actors. The purely animated characters is what made me stop playing the game in the first place. As for the movie it doesn't look like they are going to try and follow the game by having levels of staged fights orchestrated by Shang Tsung as with the first movie.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

5. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

6. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Both look awesome I really hope that movie gets made as well I also read earlier this week theres talk there may be a Mortal Kombat HD Remix in the work 1-ultimate 3 in HD.

7. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I read that, but to me, that's like when a car creates a concept that most people expect to hit the market. Otherwise, why have semi-known actors in a proof-of-concept, with professional effects and choreography? This proof would have cost a lot of money.

8. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Because those semi-known actors are his friends? Dr. Horrible was made with buddies and it probably cost just as much and had no studio backing. I think the filming only took a few days... actors aren't working 24/7. If I was an actor and a friend of his and he had called me up and said "Hey you want to be in this reimage of Mortal Kombat? It'll only take a day to film" I'd do it. Why not? Especially if you're only semi-known.

9. amandapanda801 macrumors member

amandapanda801

Forget the movie.. Mortal Combat was the best game ever.. Well I was never allowed the play because I was a girl and so all my brothers hogged the game.