Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Hey Everybody!

My contract with Verizon is up this month, and I am looking for something new. I have narrowed down my options to t-mobile and cingular. I would like to get people's experiances with each- especially in terms of customer service, and not so much in terms of coverage, because coverage varies from place to place. Unless, of course, you go all over and can speak to the coverage...

I decided not to post this in buying advice mostly because I don't want advice, I just want to hear stories about both carriers to help me make my decision. Just for clarification, the phones I am looking at are the SideKick (II or III which is supposed to be out in July) on T-mobile and the SLVR on Cingular. I text and use the actual telephone function ( :eek: ) but other features aren't that necissary.

My grandma and cousins have nothing but praise to lavish on t-mobile, like them giving my cousin a new phone for free after his was stolen, and taking off $400 in overages on my grandma's bill during the month in which my grandpa was at the hospital. I haven't heard much about Cingular, but I value opinions here a lot, so lets have em!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Felldownthewell said:
Whoops, hit a wrong button and it posted before I wrote! I am writing my thread in an edit, please don't delete!
haha now its here forever! lol jk:rolleyes: sorry just extremely bord...anxiously awaiting for the hockey game to start

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
yeah the buildup on that definitely fizzled. no gory phone destruction....yet.

I have used Cingular for, I think, seven years now. I have never been given a reason to switch over to another company. I get good coverage and rarely drop calls and the roll over minutes is awesome. Plus they carry a really good selection of phones and there are a lot of over-seas-only phones that you can get unlocked that will work on Cingulars network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.