Mosaic Block on Safari Bookmark Bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by charleslou, Jul 16, 2013.

1. charleslou macrumors newbie

I got my 2013 Air a few days ago and noticed sometimes a mosaic block showing up on top of certain bookmark bar in Safari. If I move the cursor on top of the mosaic, it disappears and the bookmark turns normal. The location of the mosaic are different between the occurrences. It has happened a few times and I had taken screenshots of them. I wonder if I got a bad unit and there may be incompatibility between Safari and the new video card. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

Happened to me as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The screen also flickers a little when I open the lid after-night and brushes in Photoshop are pretty much unusable.

You should return it and ask for a replacement ASAP.

4. charleslou thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I wasn't the only one having this issue! Did you replace your unit and what did the genius say about the problem? I have installed a software that I will use on 8/1 and it take a lot of effort to have it on (license and tech support). I may have to wait until after that to replace it. I can do it within one year, right?

----------

I haven't been using many softwares yet, so only on Safari so far.

5. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

I received it on July 2, immediately noticed the issue and asked for a replacement until July 8 because I was afraid they'd take my defective machine and I'd have to go through the insufferable wait again.

Was pleasantly surprised by the genius employee. Not only they treated me like a king, but they also ordered a new machine and sent it via UPS as an urgent package and let me keep the defective model until I receive the new one! In fact, I'll receive it tomorrow :)

So don't be afraid and don't keep using a defective model. Ask for a replacement. You spent a lot of money on this machine, it should be in perfect condition.