Mosaic screensaver glitch

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mickbab, Oct 5, 2009.

1. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

:confused:

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard, my Mosaic screensaver has been playing up strangely.

The actual mosaic works fine but when it gets to the whole picture, it will show it for a short moment, flip upside down, then slowly fade into the correctly orientated picture before continuing.

I've attached some pics to show what I mean.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

"That's not a bug...

It's a feature!" :D
    Wow. Mine doesn't do that trick. Since I upgraded to SL, in Mosaic the screensaver works fine except when it gets to the full-sized picture. Then it suddenly "jumps" in a single jerky way before going back to its smooth dissolve. Hopefully 10.6.2 will take care of these glitches.

3. scrbblr macrumors newbie

As you've probably discovered in another forum...

... the mosaic stutter or hiccup or whatever can be pretty much resolved by changing the number of pictures in a row to 100... though even here I don't find the operation very smooth.

4. RATabora macrumors newbie

This is happening to me too and its REALLY bothering me. Any solutions?

Thanks!

5. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Thanks for the tip! I just rediscovered this thread today and switched the mosaic picture number row to 100. It works much better. Still a bit jerky, but no more horrid "jump"!

6. RATabora macrumors newbie

Not about laggyness, about INVERSION

I'm still suffering from the inverted effect. The mosaic is generated perfectly smooth and everything looks great, except for that blasted inversion and fade effect after the mosaic fully zooms out. Any solutions? Anyone else suffering from this?