Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hurricanedean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I recently released Mosaic Shapes nearly a month ago. It allows you to convert photos to abstract mosaics using simple shapes. 99 cents.

There are a handful of parameters to tweak when creating your mosaic and I'm still actively exploring additional options to give more creative control to the user.

For some tips on conversions and additional screenshots you can visit here.

https://mosaicshapes.com

If you're interested to read some of the background of the development process and the algorithm, I detail some of that here on this medium post.

Suggestions and feature requests always welcome as well.

FGwq3YQ.jpg

4dresKV.jpg

ix3Pdft.jpg

gCHCIGp.jpg

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Looks nice
I recently released Mosaic Shapes nearly a month ago. It allows you to convert photos to abstract mosaics using simple shapes. 99 cents.

There are a handful of parameters to tweak when creating your mosaic and I'm still actively exploring additional options to give more creative control to the user.

For some tips on conversions and additional screenshots you can visit here.

https://mosaicshapes.com

If you're interested to read some of the background of the development process and the algorithm, I detail some of that here on this medium post.

Suggestions and feature requests always welcome as well.

Looks very nice. Can you share your work to social?

FGwq3YQ.jpg

4dresKV.jpg

ix3Pdft.jpg

gCHCIGp.jpg

Last edited:

hurricanedean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Wanted to post an update. It's now free! In-app purchase to upgrade to premium is 99 cents (for time being).

The 99 cents purchase provides higher resolution and ability to blend the mosaic with the original. More features planned to be released in next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.