Moshi Anti-glare screen cover PICS and REVIEW

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gr80Likes2Boogi, May 5, 2010.

1. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

Hey all

So I got my Moshi Anti-Glare screen cover for my late 08 15" uMBP. I like it. It DOES make a difference, and I like having a little protection for my screen. It makes the blacks a little more grey, mostly noticeable in natural light and if you're looking at the screen from a bit of an angle. It's not as prominent from dead on.

Honestly, I didn't like it immediately after I put it on. Of course, I just dropped 40 bucks on it so I wasn't about to get rid of it! Now it looks totally natural to me. I didn't take pictures of the actual cover before I installed it, but it was a breeze. Came with a little microfiber cloth to get dust/prints off before you install. The adhesive is only on the black border of the screen. No air bubble issues at all, and it lines up super easy. On the cover, the border is also black, but clears out to show the MacBook Pro on the bottom. For the iSight camera, it clears and ALSO has a hole for the lens, so there is nothing covering your camera (which was a concern of mine. I would have just cut a hole for it, but I appreciate not having to bust out scissors)

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

It's a little disappointing in intense natural light, like in the picture, but it really shines in an office environment. I'm ok with that, since that's where all my eye-strain was coming from. If I do any work with natural light that I can't control with blinds or moving to another couch, it's not gonna be that serious =)

Overall, I'd love to not spend 40 bucks for a piece of thin plastic, but no sense in complaining about the Mac accessory market now =) I do recommend it, and if for some reason I get another glossy notebook, I will be getting this most definitely.... though I think I'll be better off getting an anti-glare screen from the get go.

2. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Great post, thanks!

I wonder how it compares to the actual screens on the antiglare Macbook Pro's?

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Nice. :]
    Does having the anti-glare screen on make your icons blurry/hard to see? (this is my main concern)

4. Gr80Likes2Boogi thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing that took me more than 5 minutes to get used to. I don't see any fuzziness now. I'm sure if I A/B'd it I'd see a world of difference, but it's staying on and I'm a happy camper!

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

We have the same desktop wallpaper :D Interfacelift FTW

6. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

7. mattgoldey macrumors member

Yeah, and whatever you put on the wrist-rest is gross too.

8. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It doesn't stand a chance. I know from experience, having owned both.

9. max211 macrumors newbie

I kinda agree. But if the OP is ok with it then good for him. btw I'm now worried if apple's own antiglare screen looks close to that. I'm about to get the 15" antiglare.

10. millypede macrumors 6502

millypede

No the normal matt display is just fine, I use one all day every day and far more comfortable to use.