Moshi Clear Keyboard Protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghsNick, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

This seems like a no brainer. Safest thing if you have a spill.
    Does anyone have one of these and if so, do you like it?

2. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

I have one and am a big fan. The skin does a nice job of protecting while maintaining the good looks of the original keyboard. Problem is, it seems to get dirty easily and I can't seem to clean it entirely... There is wear on the space bar and other commonly used keys. At least the wear is on the protector and not the keys... :cool:

3. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I would pick the moshi. I've had both, and I find the Moshi to be much thinner.

6. Carmy macrumors member

I have the Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector (as well as the Moshi PalmGuard) for my Macbook Pro and I am very, very pleased with them both.

In the beginning I found the Moshi Keyboard protector took some getting used to with typing but after a few days it's fine. It feels funny to type without it now!

Prevents dust, dirt, grease etc from ruining the keys. If I take it off, my keyboard is in excellent condition.

I would definitely recommend it.

7. jamisonbaines macrumors regular

i have one and it's good quality but as with iphone cases you're paying $30 for maybe 10 cents worth of materials. :shrug: i bought it anyway

8. harrisondavies macrumors 6502

harrisondavies

My concern is airflow...surely there must be some form of airflow through the keys, would these devices restrict that air?

9. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I use the iSkin, and I leave it on while gaming. No heat increase. I think that one of the two fans in the back sucks cool air in while the other one pukes hot air out. The keyboard doesn't seem to be connected with heat management at all.

10. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

Actually the keyboard assembly itself traps air inside the computer

Having a keyboard protector does not affect anything

I have "Blink" it's the same thing moshi uses but it only cost like 9 bucks :p