Moshi Clearguard for MBP 13 '11

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by burnswuff, Sep 7, 2011.

1. burnswuff macrumors newbie

I recently purchased the moshi cleaguard for my MBP 13 inch early '11. However, I have heard of the cover not fitting completely such as extra space for the function keys on top. I didn't even have to open the package to observe that it would not fit. However, moshi has come out with a MBA 11 inch version of the cover. The keyboard looks extremely similar to the MBP 13 inch. I was wondering what the differences are between the MBP 13 '11 and MBA 11 '11. If they're the same, I might be purchasing the MBA version since I'm picky about the cover fitting.

2. Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

The cover that you have is the same I have, it'll fit the 13", 15" and 17" Macbook Pro and also will fit the Apple wireless keyboard. Use it, you're gonna love it.

3. burnswuff thread starter macrumors newbie

My functions keys seem to be half the size of the ones the cover has. I am afraid to open it and try it on as it might void my return. AFAIK, the unibody MBPs have smaller function keys than previous models.

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

i had a mid 2009 macbook pro, just bought mine today from my school store for 15$!

it fits perfectly over the keys.

only thing i hate is the feeling of typing. i'll get use to it though.

5. cfII macrumors regular

I've been wanting to get one Of these but $20 seems kinda high for a cover. The one I have now doesn't let the backlight through though. Are these worth it?

6. Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

Check the box, if it says ClearGuard MB, you have the right model.

7. burnswuff thread starter macrumors newbie

I opened it up anyways and tried it with my MBP. Turns out, they updated the cover and it now fits the smaller function keys in the newer unibodies.

There were problems with the previous cover as it wasnt updated to cover the current line of unibodies. There function keys on top had a little extra room. Turns out though, they finally did update it.

8. Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

Yes, it is worth and it lets the backlight through. It takes about a week to adjust to the keyboard, and once it adjust you won't even notice it is there.

9. Manacit macrumors member

Manacit

Mine clearguard was the first accessory that I bough for my MBP. At first I was worried I wouldn't like typing and all that money was a waste, but after a couple weeks I really don't even notice it's there anymore, and my keyboard is still as clean as it was when I bought it. Mine fits pretty much perfectly on my 15" keyboard, and I don't think I've taken it off since I put it on.

10. randomrazr macrumors 65816

wow thats pathetic

did u read what model on the package says its for?

sounds like you bought te macbook air version! LOL