Moshi Clearguard - new version not coming yet! :-(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amitdoc2b, Feb 23, 2009.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

When asked if a new Clearguard will be made since the top keys are not a perfect fit as advertised on their website, this is the response I got:

The ClearGuard was made to be backwards compatible with the older version of MacBook 13”. As a result there is a minute amount of extra space for the function keys when used on the MacBook unibody version. That being said, our keyboard protector is a better fit and less visible on the keyboard than all of our competitors. We do not have plans to release another version of ClearGuard until Apple discontinues production of the older version of MacBook 13”. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
    www.aevoe.com

2. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

sad but true.

everyone else has a 0.5mm thickness for silicone (vs their 0.1mm for their special material)

i also contacted them and they told me the same thing.

it seems that everyone is content with their product, so there is no impetus for them to revise their product.

3. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

whats the best place to order one from? when i go to moshimonde.com and hit shop it takes me to aveoe.com and i get a pop up in safari saying it doesnt trust this signs signature. Is it safe to order on here? Or should I go elsewhere. It's $23 and will take 2-3 weeks which is extremely long. Does anyone know where else I can order one that will ship much quicker?

I was going to order the palmguard at the same time but it looks like they don't have one for the new unibody 17" MBP yet.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

really the tiny extra space on the F keys is no biggie. I have it and love it. I can't believe how much crap it catches that would otherwise be on my keys.

I bought mine online at Aevoe.com and had no issues with the process. I paid the extra for the Expedited Shipping and got it in 3 days (which is pretty impressive considering i'm on the East Coast and the package came from Cali).

5. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Cool, I will be ordering mines then! Thanks!

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Oh, and I hand washed it last night for the first time since i've had it, and it's a piece of cake. I got some water and handsoap on it and scrubbed it with my fingers a little bit, and it took almost everything off. Next time i'm gonna be a little more rough on it to make sure it cleans perfectly.
    It seems to have handled the cleaning pretty well..

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/10.0.010; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Ah, I've been waiting for someone to comment on the washing. Ta. :)

8. eldy macrumors 6502

I used Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to wash it. Works great!

9. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

How does this product compare to the iSkin ProTouch FX? I have the ProTouch FX and find it a lot more intrusive than I found it on my previous PB. It makes typing a little more difficult, so I'm interested in your opinions of this product.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

^^ I've seen the one you have before, and I can tell you that ClearGuard is not as rubbery or as thick as yours. That's why I like it so much. The typing is only slightly different and the keys do not touch my screen.