Moshi clearguard or Iskin

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by solarisc, Feb 18, 2009.

1. solarisc macrumors member

I am thinking of getting Moshi Clearguard and palm rest protector from Moshi as well vs. getting Iskin for keyboard protector and Marware palm rest protector for my MBP early 2008. I wonder anyone who used them or know about them can do a comparision among these. Is Moshi more reliable?

On a separate note any feedback on Invisible Shield?

Thanks much

2. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

EDIT #3 - completely misread what OP was asking.

scathing remarks rescinded

[sticking foot in my mouth]

3. solarisc thread starter macrumors member

fool,

i was asking for comparison among the three...it is a separate question. Why don't you just **** and move along

4. Intense macrumors regular

I have an early 08 penryn macbook pro.

I have not made any protection purchases, yet i exstensively researched the mentioned products. I think you narrowed down the best of all and the rest comes down to how you personally like the interaction with all of them.

Moshi clearguard:

Seems to get the most positive feedback around the net, according to my mini-research, it is the thinnest and fits best with the exception of one or two keys. However, many say it is not available for the early/classic/older macbook pro.

Moshi Palmrest:

Seems to be in matching territory with the marware wristpad. The only difference is the moshi palmrest is the closest to the original color of the old macbook pro.

Marware wristpad:

Soft and smooth surface that many have mentioned to be very comfortable when in contact with your skin. Of course, it depends if YOU will feel the same comfort or would prefer another type of surface.

Invisishield:

I would say, I love the transparent factor and the scratch proof. However there are several disadvantages in my opinion. here they are, and this is only my preference, you would definitely have YOUR OWN take on it : )

. Very reflective surface, intensifies the shine on the machine

. To apply it correctly, you have to wet both surfaces of the film and then swipe the water and air from between the film and the laptop surface, for me, that's too much liquid interacting very closely with the gaps on my machine.

. You have to let it dry overnight, no laptop usage for a good 12 hours until the film settles-in

. Many surface points that are crucial as well will not be covered, although they might seem small areas that are inconsiderate enough to be covered, I just prefer a good and full surface cover.

and finally, the following websites have helped me a lot in getting an idea of what the mentioned products are like:

. google
    . google images
    . flickr
    . youtube
    . searching this forum

terms + keywords i used:
    . macbook pro protection
    . macbook pro keyboard skin
    . macbook pro skin
    . macbook pro cover
    . macbook pro wrist
    . macbook pro palm
    . macbook pro hand
    . macbook pro scratch
    . macbook pro dent
    . macbook pro shell
    . macbook pro film
    . macbook pro surface
    . macbook pro accessories

I am looking forward to knowing which product you chose and definitely looking forward for pictures or videos that you have to share. Much success on your decision !

Please feel free to let me know if you need any further help in your research since I am looking to protect my machine's surface as much as I can to the best of my ability, and accidents, we cannot really control but we can try to reduce their effects.

:rolleyes:

5. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

I apologize. I misread your original post. I will follow your advice, shut my mouth, and move on.