moshi codex or tom bihn brain cell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by quackwack, Mar 15, 2009.

1. quackwack macrumors member

i need a new sleeve / case for my mbp 17 and i've narrowed it down to the codex and brain cell.

has anyone had experiences with both and which is better?

the moshi is good in that it seems i can keep the mbp in it whilst using it though im not sure how good the viscotex padding is; but the brain cell seems to have an amazing amount of padding so i wont have to worry about it getting damaged.

also ill probably pick up a shell when they are released and i think both have a little room to accommodate the mbp with shell.

2. brandon.vong macrumors regular

I had the Moshi Codex for my 15 inch MBP (last version before the Unibody) and I loved the thing. I've had a few times where I had to break suddenly in the car and the laptop flew to the ground... thank goodness I had no dents on the laptop due to the case. The Moshi looks "professional" and I always received compliments from friends and colleagues about it. I do not think that a hard shell case with the Moshi will fit. The laptop is kind of "elevated" in the case to better dissipate the heat. So you might be able to fit a hardshell on your MBP but I would not be sure if it will fit with the Moshi. Let me know if you have any other questions cause this is all that I can come up with at the moment.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I have used the Brain Cell for both by 15" Powerbook and now my Macbook Air. I love Tom Bihn's stuff.