Moshi guard questions!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chitowner1, Jun 16, 2010.

1. chitowner1 macrumors newbie

Hey guys k this is my first Mac, MBP (15inch i5 baby!), first post, well lets just say alot of firsts lol. Anyways I want to get the Moshi palm guard w/ the track pad cover but i heard that the Speck Satin case won't fit with the Moshi guard.....So which laptop Hard case will work with the palm guard? Please let me know guys :)

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

i have moshi guard + speck clear shell on my 13" mbp..

3. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

I don't see why it wouldn't fit

But bare is the way to go :D

4. chitowner1 thread starter macrumors newbie

im too scared to go bare lol!
    on your 13inch u have the palm guard or just the track pad with the speck see thru? im asking because i saw itmemorpious (i think) and his speck and palm guard did fit because the was a lip or something i dont know.....pics? any chance? :)

5. chitowner1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Sossity macrumors 65816

I have the moshi keyboard cover right now, & it works fairly well, just enough protection without bulk or stickiness.

7. chitowner1 thread starter macrumors newbie

do you use it with a hardcase or just the palm guard....im trying to see which hardcase it will work with :D

8. Sossity macrumors 65816

Right now I am just using it by itself, I dont have the palm guard or a case, I am on the fence about a hard case now, I would like to know the best one to get too, it seems they have not been updated to accommodate the new power cord of the 2010 models. I ordered a bodyguardz cover, which comes in a kit to cover the whole macbook, it is clear & sticks on.

9. boogieman macrumors regular

I have it along with a speck hard case. Even as cleanly as I put it on it's still bubbling up on the edges.

10. devils punchbow macrumors member

Your actually incorrect about hard cases not fitting new power cords. At least I can give you one example of something that does fit anyway. I just got the speck see thru clear case for my 2010 i5 Macbook pro.......
    http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/macbook-pro-15-aluminum-black-keys/160

The packaging does not say on outside it fits 2010 models, but in fact it does. I have one on my mac right now.

11. devils punchbow macrumors member

I'm possibly interested in the moshi, but not the whole thing. I don't think I would want track pad covered. I don't want it on the entire wrist pad area. I may get one, and modify it......

12. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

??

I've got a 15" MBP, sporting the Moshi palm guard + Speck Satin Case. Not sure who told you they aren't compatible, but I assure you, they are. No bubbling either. Fits tight, but like a glove.

Attached Files:

13. chitowner1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea see that's what i wanted to know big thanks to REALLYBIGFEET..lol..i saw it on youtube that it wasn't compatible but thankfully you proved it wrong:D time to spend money...(now i only i can find a GOOD mini disp. to HDMI option whether it be adapter or straight up cable) thanks guys this is my first mac and man am i nervous about EVERYTHING lol!

ps how'd you make it fit oh so nicely!

14. midloman macrumors regular

midloman

Didn't work for me

I just returned my Speck Satin case today to the Apple store. The case seemed to make my Moshi Palmguard bubble up at the point where those tabs attach to the MBP. Once it happened the third time, that was enough for me. Off it came and back to the store it went. I like the Palmguard way more then the case.

I'll probably just get an Incase Neoprene Plus sleeve to put the MBP in to carry it around the house or keep it protected while it sits on my table, etc.

LT

15. boogieman macrumors regular

That is exactly what mine is doing. I am using the speck satin case except mine is black