Moshi HDMI Adapter stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LadyX, Jul 8, 2013.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I bought a Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter about 8 months ago. It was working fine, then I started to have to move the adapter to get a picture (this was so frustrating as it took 2-5 min) and after a month or so it suddenly stopped working. I thought at first it was the HDMI cable but after trying with several different cables that I then realized that the problem is with the Moshi adapter. When I did a search, I found out that a lot of other users have had the same issue. I'm currently looking into buying the Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter but not before knowing if it's any good.

http://store.apple.com/ae/product/HA826ZM/A/belkin-mini-displayport-to-hdtv-cable-4m?fnode=51

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I got the one from Monoprice.com and it's way better than the Moshi adapter and only costs like 7 bucks. My Moshi adapter crapped out as well (it literally fell apart). 7 bucks versus 35 bucks... and the 7 dollar one is better quality. Go figure. I bought the Moshi adapter per multiple recommendations, but was very disappointed with it.

http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Pro...Id=104&categoryId=10428&subCategoryId=1042802

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I linked to it above... but that's looks to be the same. I've had it for about 4 months now without any problems.

With the Moshi I noticed I had to either keep fiddling with it or reconnect it to work properly... and it just got worse over time. With the Monoprice one it just plugs right in and displays on the TV like it's supposed to. I bought two of them because they're so stupidly cheap in case one them goes bad... which certainly hasn't happened yet. I've had very good luck with Monoprice. I bought my HDMI and audio cables from them as well. Also very cheap, but good quality.

5. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Yes thank you I just saw the link. Could you please comment on the image/video quality (do you sometimes get choppy image/sound).

6. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I've never had choppy images or sound. The video is very crisp and smooth. I use it to watch my ripped Blu-ray movies and they look great at 1080p.

7. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Noo! They don't ship to the UAE. How come they ship to Saudi Arabia and not the UAE.

8. \-V-/, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013

\-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

9. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Moshi HDMI Adapter stopped working

Nope doesn't ship but I do have a US forwarding address, so I'll use that instead.

10. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I tried... lol. Well at least you have a solution. Let me know how it goes!