Moshi iGlaze Armour

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lgreenberg, Nov 15, 2014.

1. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

One of the nicer 6 Plus cases I've had a chance to try out so far.

PROS - Matches the design of the iPhone 6/6 Plus nicely. Hybrid style protection. Once piece design. Lay on the table protection. Screen shield compatible.

CONS - A bit heavy. Weak tactile feedback on power button.

http://www.moshi.com/family-cases-iglaze-armour

Attached Files:

2. TonyGstring macrumors member

Moshi iGlaze Armour

Thx for this. Placed an order for mine last night and was surprised by the lack of reviews.

read bout the weak buttons which is a bit concerning as moshi seems to be known for details and for the price there should be no excuse.

So you like the lip protection; happen to know how many mm it is or if it can fit a tempered glass? Ordered the nillkin which is very similar if not straight up copied by moshi so would hope they made it tall enough to accommodate their own screen protectors, but I've seen dumber moves by phone accessory companies before.

Believe it comes with back shield protector for the cutout which is nice, but I'm curious if the backplate aluminum part is prone to scratch easily

3. lgreenberg thread starter macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

It completely covers the bezel so I'd be surprised if their screen protector fits, I'd also be surprised, like you said, if it doesn't. Having only tested the iLoome, I can only go by that.

That being said it will fit any of the tempered glass shields that don't go edge to edge.

There was no back shield or Apple logo protector included.

4. TonyGstring macrumors member

the product page for iloome lists 0.26-0.40mm (wtf is that about), but read people here say its closer to 0.4mm and moshi is supposedly 0.3mm. hows it fit with the iloome?

im confused as to why you'd be surprised either way, are you talking about both height and width?

ya, its supposedly includes a shield according to BB, where i ordered it from. does the aluminium back scratch easily? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/moshi-i...gray/9483138.p?id=1219418178479&skuId=9483138

btw, your input and information is much appreciated. have researched this case for over a month and ilounge is literally the only review ive found and it just posted a few days ago. it took me forever before even considering it, as the previous one for the iphone 5 didn't cover the bottom and top + ports, which is a dealbreaker for me, and took awhile just to find a youtube video previewing it because their website pictures arent clear enough.

5. lgreenberg thread starter macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I don't have the iLoome on to test any more.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd be surprised either way. On the one hand I'd be surprised if something like the iLoome would fit given how close to the edge the case fits. On the other hand how could a company make a case that doesn't fit their own screen shield. So if the Moshi screen protector is the same as the iLoome, it would be odd.

All I can say is there is no screen shield for the back, or the front in my box.

I haven't used it long enough to comment on the back scratching.

I will add this about it, it's darn tough to get it off.

6. TonyGstring macrumors member

thank you. keep me posted on any updates or if u find a similar case that u like better. i will as well. should have the moshi within a week, nillkin coming from china, so maybe a couple weeks but who knows

7. carreragt7 macrumors regular

I've had this case on my 6 and my wife's 6+. I liked the design and fit of the case with the exception of the logo cutout. I just prefer not having the logo cutout. That said, I like the way Moshi made the cutout classier looking with the chamfered edge around the cutout.

8. TonyGstring macrumors member

my current iphone 4 is the first and only apple product ive ever owned until the 6 is delivered this week. TBH, i could give 2 ***** whether or not people know the make of my phone. also, because i don't own any other apple products cant really be accused of being a fanboy. doesn't hurt that im located in the tech capital of the world where its not uncommon to see developers walking around with their google glass.

that being said, for the current generation i DO think there are a couple cases that supplement w/o taking away the "feel" of the original design, clearly moshi's iglaze and the neo hybrid metal, spigen's epic failure. think this mainly has to do with the curved or chamfered (dunno if im even using that word right) edges, as well as the massive increase in size. not sure those two cases would be nearly as appealing on the boxier design of the 4 or 5, where apple went with a more business like approach that i absolutely love.

guess im just shocked at the surprising number of reviewers who dock points off, if not outright dismiss cases solely based on the fact that there is a cutout, such as places like thewirecutter, a website i highly respect

9. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Is it me or does the the case look a bit bulky?

10. TonyGstring macrumors member

just you.

just kidding (but not really). will be picking mine up tomorrow so will be able to confirm if it is just you.

unfortunately, verizon still hasn't shipped out my phone, so i will be sitting w/ my dick in one hand and a moshi case in the other, but no iphone 6 in either..

11. arcturuz macrumors regular

is the reception affected by the metal back plate?