Moshi iPouch

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SpookyET, Oct 12, 2008.

1. SpookyET Guest

I have had a naked iPhone for a few weeks. Well, I have had 3 since I kept replacing them for one issue or another. Regardless, none of them got scratched while being carried in my jeans. I never put then on a table, and if I did, it was on a piece of paper.

I have finally decided to get it protected. So, I have tried the Incase Slider for the iPhone 3G white glossy since I have a white iPhone. I put it in and removed it twice. I saw no scratches. Feeling confident, I decided to use it for a day outside of the house. After a single day, I have removed the Incase slider of my phone and noticed that the chrome bezel is scratched and nicked at the top, bottom and on the right side. I was furious. Most of the time, the phone was in my pocket. But, one time, while pushing my headphones in, it partially slided out. Maybe then, dust got in.

I've come to the conclusion that cases are evil. They all will scratch your phone because none of them are hermetically shut to keep dust from going in and scraping the iPhone.

Protective films are much better if you have the patience and clean environment to put them on. Nevertheless, none of them fully cover the phone.

The last option is socks, soft pouches. I have an Applesac MacBook sleeve for my white MacBook. I have had it from day one. There is not a single scratch on it. I would probably have bought the Applesac iPhone sleeve, but it does not have a pocket and it's bulky, which was the reason why I bought their sleeve for the Macbook. It allows you to hold the charger. I want a pocket for the earphones, which I do use. Thus far I have stuck them in the small jeans pocket in the right pocket.

This leads me to Moshi iPouch, which has got a rave review from itsmemorphious. I wonder how practical it is to take the iPouch out of your pocket, the phone out of the pouch, use it, put it back in the pouch, and put the pouch back in your pocket.

2. automatickyle macrumors regular

Your slider scratched it? Wow. I have had my slider on since they were released. I give it a deep clean every week and it's ready to go. I USE to have a pouch until it slipped out of my hand ate up the top the phone after bouncing off of the pavement. I haven't used it since after having to go and buy another iPhone to replace that one.

While your pouch link that posted looks to protect on each side, I still would be cautioned. As for the amount of steps being practical to remove it is up to you. I becomes tedious over time.

3. SpookyET thread starter Guest

It only scratched the bezel. I think it should have rubber rails for the bezel as well.