Moshi iVisor AG for 6/6+ is now available

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BlaqkAudio, Oct 16, 2014.

1. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Edge to edge coverage for those who don't mind (or are looking for) an anti-glare screen protector.

iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus

I was waiting for the glass, but I might just get this instead.

2. Radiating macrumors 65816

3. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I believe I'm going to wait to see it installed as well. It looks very promising but at $30 a pop I need to see close up photos of it installed first. Why didn't they put any photos of the protector installed on their site?

4. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Never used a matte/anti-glare protector on my screen. Will have to wait until I see photos of it installed or wait for the glass version.

5. BlaqkAudio thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered one for my 6, I'll try to get some good closeups when it gets delivered

6. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

$30 for plastic? I'll wait for the reviews on this one.

7. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Thanks for the heads up. $30 is a lot for a cover however I like that this covers the entire screen and corners. I want to see if the white is a crisp white and am curious is it yellows over time. Most of us on here trade in/buy new iPhones every year so I suppose it shouldn't yellow unless you leave it in direct sunlight for prolonged periods.

8. 4583568 Suspended

I am quite sure this will be the standard once the glass version comes out! AG is also great, I used that with 5S and worked well.

If you need to choose between xt and glass, here is a reply from their CS:
    "While both the iVisor XT and iVisor Glass offer fantastic clarity, the iVisor XT uses a microgrid pattern to improve touch sensitivity that is not present on the iVisor Glass. The microgrid is occasionally very slightly visible when the screen is not in use or in certain lighting, so for the highest clarity my recommendation would be the iVisor Glass."
    I am not sure if this means that glass has slightly less touch sensitivity but I will go for that anyway.

9. ricktat macrumors 65816

Anyone get one of these?

Curious to see how it works with cases.

10. BlaqkAudio thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got mine today. Sorry for the slightly blurry pics, but my room doesn't have the greatest lighting. I was planning on installing it, but I had to wash it since there seemed to be some dirt stuck on the screen side of the protector. Test fit shows it fits with the Apple silicone/leather case and leaves about a 1 mm gap

Attached Files:

11. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Can you post some more pics once you've installed it, and one with the screen on please.

12. LFCYNWA macrumors regular

Does the screen completely stick?

13. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I was surprised that the AG was released before the XT. I have the XT for iPhone 5 so please share your review after installing. Thanks

----------

How did the AG affect clarity on your 5s? Was it reasonable?

14. BlaqkAudio, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

BlaqkAudio thread starter macrumors 6502

See attached. It was hard to get close ups with my mom's 5, but I tried to show the gap.

Only the colored part of the protector has adhesive. I can only tell that it's not lying flat against the screen on the very edges; you can feel a slight bump if, for example, you swipe up for control center. It seems the curved part has some adhesive on it; I'm not sure yet if it will prevent it from minor lifting.

Coming from a Best Skins Ever film, the iVisor is very smooth (whereas the BSE had a rubber, tacky feel). Cutouts are precise and the screen protector is fairly thin; it doesn't interfere with Touch ID. There is a slight gap on the edges, but I suspect Moshi did that to ensure better case compatibility. It doesn't interfere at all with putting on my Apple silicone case. As an anti-glare protector, it does reduce clarity and make the screen a bit duller, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The last AG screen protector I had was the Spigen Ultra Fine for my 4; I'd say the iVisor does not affect the screen as much as the Ultra Fine did.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed I forgot to upload the photos last night.

Attached Files:

15. Kisey macrumors 6502a

So is the protector curved at the edges too? Or is it like the iloome where they use silicone to fill in the gap between the curved part of the glass and the protector?

16. BlaqkAudio thread starter macrumors 6502

The protector is plastic so it does curve at the edges. I noticed Moshi uploaded photos on their website. You can see it does curve a bit at the edges, but there is still a small border that is exposed.

17. meihcydna macrumors regular

kinda disappointed that the LCD portion of the screen protector doesn't retain the black "blank" screen look.

18. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Looks like iLoomes with colored frames.

I will stick with Zagg...

19. docprego macrumors 65816

Looks much better than iLoome to me. The colored borders seem much less conspicuous. I'm looking forward to the glass version of this.

20. ssvsgod macrumors member

Looks cool but holding out for the iVisor glass

21. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Me too. I was going to jump on the XT when it comes out but I'm tired of the grid on the version for my 5 so glass is the way to go.

22. 4583568 Suspended

Hi, I would like a closer look at the cut outs near the camera.
    Frontal pictures please.

23. P Sims macrumors newbie

iVisor AG for 6/6+

I've actually had one of these on my iPhone 5 since I got it. Absolutely love it and worth the $30. It has been removed and washed, as instructed, and it always goes right back on perfectly. I would highly recommend it. As a matter of fact, I stumbled across this forum as I was searching for a place to order another one for my 6+.

24. shamashu macrumors regular

What type of screen protector is this? Where did you buy this? According to Moshi, iVisor Glass will be available 2-3 weeks from now November 1, 2014.

25. BlaqkAudio thread starter macrumors 6502

It's plastic; it feels similar to the type you find on smartphones with plastic screens. I bought it from Moshi's website.