Moshi iVisor AG vs. Power Support anti glare screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sclough, Jun 20, 2009.

1. sclough macrumors regular

I don't want to start a matte vs. glossy debate, but I may have to cut the glare on my new unibody. I'm going to give it a little more time to see if my eyes adjust, but for now it still seems to be causing light headaches in my environment. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has been able to compare the Moshi iVisor and the Power Support and can comment on the difference.

I don't know anything about Moshi, but have heard people say that they make good stuff. They seem to mostly advertise the screen based on it's ease of install and while I know first hand how painful it is to install a power support screen, I'm more interested in the quality of the display after the install. I'm wondering if the Moshi has the same little grainy feel to it that the power support has.

2. sclough thread starter macrumors regular

I'm assuming by the lack of responses that the iVisor hasn't really seen widespread use. Especially since I can hardly find any opinions of it even via google... Looks like PowerSupport must be the only anti-glare screen in wide use.

3. hamish5178 macrumors member

A little off-topic, but I have a photodon for my uMBP, the anti-glare version. It does give the screen that grainy look, especially on whites and other light colors. However, the anti-glare properties are great and it feels very high quality. I have a clear one from them on standby, but after a week or so I'm getting used to the graininess.

Hope that helps.

4. PDE macrumors 68020

I think it's just because moshi is still relatively unknown, coupled with the fact that the apple store doesn't sell them. I have total confidence in moshi that they'd make the est possible product. Most of their stuff is superb. I'm going to order one for my mbp.

5. sclough thread starter macrumors regular

How is text? Is it clear? I do a lot of reading on my mbp.

6. hamish5178 macrumors member

Yep, it looks fine to me, possibly the slightest bit fuzzy, but nothing that is really noticeable. I was having eye fatigue problems at first, but after setting the gamma to 2.2 and holding the computer further away I can read for hours.

Also, every guard comes with a 1.5" by 3" (ish) test piece, so you can apply it and see how your screen looks, and if you don't like it you can return the full guard for a refund.

7. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Did you know there is a company that will swap the glassy display for a matte display for around $200. I think the name of the company is techrestore.com, but you can search or google.

8. sclough thread starter macrumors regular

Since Apple offers an anti-glare screen now, neither the film nor the screen swap is worth it. I can tell you from personal experience, just get the anti-glare screen from Apple. It's perfect. Besides, the tech restore solution would leave you with zero resale value.

9. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

Seconded. Sell your MBP on craigslist/ebay. Pay the difference for the real AntiGlare model. It is significantly better then any screen cover.

10. Hikescdnrckys macrumors newbie

I just tried out the Moshi for my wife's iPad - she was complaining about the bubbles from my previous screen protector Icon and while I had my doubts initially that anything could be bubble free outside a dust free hermitically sealed lab, this works. In about 10 seconds on my kitchen table I had it installed perfectly the first time with not a bubble in site and it fits perfectly back in her icon iPad case (which has pretty tight brackets). This simply the best protector I have ever used.

11. suzy25 macrumors newbie

I use the Moshi on my macbook

I love the Moshi iVisor AG on my unibody macbook pro. It looks like a matte screen and was so easy to put on. It is nothing like the power support film. I will e getting an Ipad 2 and hope they will have it available as it is a great help. Has anyone used a screen cover from Moshi on the Iphone 4. I have a power support antii glare screen which is started to look bad and was wondering if the Moshi is a good one. Is it thicker like the one for the Ipad and macbook? Thanks

12. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul