Moshi iVisor AG

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by vito, Mar 26, 2012.

1. vito macrumors 6502a

Hey

Anyone using the Moshi iVisor AG in particular the version for the new iPad?

If you could post some pics that would be great :D

Many thanks,

2. ominx, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

ominx macrumors 6502

Definitely interested in this too. The reviews from previous versions seemed pretty good. Seeing it includes a bezel, I wonder if it's any thicker than competitors skins. Here's a link to the unavailable new version.
    http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisorag-for-the-new-ipad-white.html

Actually, looks like Amazon has the Black in stock now and White shipping March 28th.
    Black: http://www.amazon.com/iVisor-iPad-2...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332773714&sr=1-4
    White: http://www.amazon.com/iVisor-iPad-2...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332773714&sr=1-1

Edit: Amazon reviews are so-so. It's matte so will reduce brightness, clarity, etc.

3. str8bucs macrumors regular

I have it on my iPhone 4s and it does take away form the clarity. So you may want to think about it. Its a little grainy looking. I wish they made it glossy

4. vito thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wonder what their updated version is like with the new iPad.

Can only get the iPad 2 version here in the UK though.

5. dude-x macrumors regular

I have one for my new iPad. Don't like it all.
    I'm waiting for the GLAS.t from Spigen SGP.
    I have a GLAS.t for my iPhone 4S and it's great.

The iVisor AG will leave big bubbles, and it will greatly reduce the clarity.

For a retina display like this you don't want matte screen protectors unless they can guarantee some level of clarity.

6. glug macrumors newbie

I have an iVisor on my iPad 2, and it's great.

I tried putting the iVisor on my new iPad, and immediately noticed a graininess which wasn't apparent when it was on the iPad 2. I've got a Power Support Crystal screen protector on my new iPad now.

7. anthrovisual macrumors regular

So the Power Support Crystal screen protector does not create any graininess? Is there any loss of screen clarity/quality/color accuracy?

8. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

:confused:

The iVisor AG will NOT leave any bubbles. Not a single one...big or small. I don't know how you managed to get bubbles with it? It's virtually impossible... I just installed mine and it works great. There is no horizontal or vertical grid to the grain that disrupts glare that would have an effect on retina. The images are just as sharp. You will notice some of the multi colored grain on white backgrounds, but again, nothing that would disrupt retina. Your edges are just as sharp and it doesn't create a pixelated effect.

9. vito thread starter macrumors 6502a

Could you upload some pics please, closeups too - many thanks :D

10. glug macrumors newbie

The Power Support Crystal screen protector does not create any graininess. In fact, I can't tell the difference between a screen with the Power Support Crystal, and a naked screen.

Of course, that also means that it reflects glare just like a naked screen - unlike the iVisor.

11. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

This is the best I can do. I don't have a micro lens that will take a close enough picture of a single font but then again, I hope you don't read that close to the screen :D Realize too that the pictures are not as sharp or as vibrant as it is in real life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. dude-x, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

dude-x macrumors regular

Well I had the AT&T rep install it for me and she did a terrible job.
    I replaced mine with a RadTech Screen protector; which is pretty nice.
    I do notice a subtle rainbow effect though.

I'm waiting for the GLAS.t product from Steinheil though.

BTW, free iVisor AG to the first who messages me. Just send shipping.

edit: this is the one for iPad2; i'm not aware of an iPad 3rd gen version (googling now)

13. mrkjsn, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

mrkjsn macrumors 6502

Yeah - the actual clear part does not even stick - just the outer rim. Should not produce any bubbles at all.

14. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

15. anthrovisual macrumors regular

The GLAS.t looks interesting but I have to wonder, what is the hardness of the built-in iPad screen?

Is this overkill? I'm beginning to doubt the concept of screen protectors if the hardness of the iPad is equal to this.

16. badpinoy macrumors regular

I already have a couple of small screeches on my iPad. When of them i deep enough to catch my finger nail. I do not notice i while I am using it. I thought the glass would hold up better.

17. frega macrumors member

:(

I just installed mine and I see rainbow grains...

It was okay on the iPad 2 for some reason

18. vito thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is the clarity really bad, I'm still thinking of picking one up?

Anyone suffering from the rainbow effect?

I thought they may have redesigned the iVisor for the new iPad

19. anthrovisual macrumors regular

They e-mailed me saying they were making a new one for the iPad but it will take a while.

20. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

B&H Photo allegedly has the "new" one (they actually have both, the iPad 2 version for $25 and the 3 version for $30). The review on their site says the only difference is a sticky label on the package.

21. iMule macrumors 6502

I hate anti-glare protectors, but I must admit, I loved the feel and texture of the Moshi on my old iPhone 4. It didn't ruin the retina that bad for me.

22. anthrovisual macrumors regular

The email from Moshi implied a totally new type of screen protector made specifically for the iPad's screen. So I encourage others to find a fix until they release it.

I'm using a monoprice screen protector and have no complaints other than the insanely impossible installation without hair/dust. I'm willing to live with a few specks since it's temporary.

23. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

They keep changing their website. Some days it has an "iVisor XT for New iPad" (coming soon) and the next day it's not there. Now they are listing the "iVisor AG for New iPad." The "XT" was the clear version which they used to have for the iPad 1. Maybe they are coming out with a clear for the 3.

24. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I got the Moshi screen protector for my new iPad. It took a few days for me to adjust to it after looking at the retina screen. I do like it, for it's ease of installing it since I can never install the others without bubbles, and for the protection it provides... But if retina is important to you, then you would likely be disappointed with this product.