Moshi iVisor Anti Glare -excellent!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mrkjsn, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mrkjsn, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

mrkjsn macrumors 6502

I just installed my Moshi iVisor Anti-glare screen and could not be any happier. I see no loss in clarity here. Yes, there's the obvious rainbow like grainess that comes with all anti glare when looking at white backgrounds but given how fine the grains are, I just can't find any angle where it affects retina. This is an excellent product and I highly recommend to anyone looking for an anti-glare. Not having to maneuver the screen around to avoid the glare makes the iPad experience that much better.

Other pros...

$24.99 shipped at B&H
    No more finger prints/smudges
    Install is a breeze with guaranteed no bubbles
    Reusable - the protector can be taken on and off and even washable

2. Scottyee macrumors regular

I have tried the Power Suppot anti-glare, Splash brand Masque HD, and now the Moshi iVisor for iPad 3, and I concur with mrkjsn, the Moshi imho not only looks the best of all of these screen protectors (minimal compromise of retina display to gain anti glare plus terrific screen touch feel (and with no fingerprints), but quickest and easiest to apply (with absolutely no bubbles) too. The Moshi iVisor is a keeper!

3. vito macrumors 6502a

4. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I'd love pics of this too. Maybe while displaying a picture?

5. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

6. d.lam311 macrumors newbie

I agree.... Pictures would be greatly appreciated. How was the install of the screen protector? I really really hate the fingerprint marks on my iPad but am scared to put a matte screen protector that would ruin the gorgeous retina display. I put the powersupport antiglare screen protector on my iPhone and it worked well but I'd be more than willing to give this a go if it's better :):):)

7. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

See my post above for link to pics.

Install here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2692ZwIAUHM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

8. CKtoph macrumors 6502

9. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

The pictures honestly does not do it justice. The picture look too dark and hard to see but it is much better in person. Good luck and hope you find a screen protector that works for you.

10. PK2 macrumors newbie

I have the same product but in my opinion it definitely made the screen less retinaesqe. After a while you do get used to it and sort of forget how vibrant the screen was before, and I'm keeping it, but I was definitely initially disappointed how the screen was affected, to each their own.

11. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

I hear yah. I guess I measure retina by how sharp the text and pictures are. It does have an effect on the vibrancy of the colors but I don't view that as affecting retina itself but loss of richness in color. You're right, it does dull down the colors a bit. it really boils down to preference and what you're willing to give up. If you only use your iPad indoors then you may not need an anti glare. But if you're one to use it in the subway on the way to work or work outside in the patio during the day with the sun pointed at you, then the trade off might be better for you. The beautiful thing about this screen is that it's removable, washable, and reusable. You can take it on and off as much as you want. If you want to watch something in HD with full vibrancy, you can easily remove the protector and place it on the side. When you're done with your movie, simply put it bak on.

12. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

I installed one of these on my new iPad and took it off 5 minutes later.

IMO, it totally ruined the clarity of the retina display - big time. Check reviews on Amazon (sort by recent) if you don't think it's an issue. It is.

13. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

I think people are using the word retina too loosely and assuming all visual aspects of the iPad is retina. Below is a retina vs non retina display. The anti glare does nothing close to what a non-retina display looks like. Yes it adds a fine grainy effect on the screen but it does not affect the benefits of retina. The pixels are still sharp as the grains are fine and spread out instead of lined up as a grid. I love retina but man...people are throwing that word around without fully understanding what it does.

[​IMG]

14. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

While I'm sure one can appreciate your attempt at proving the Moshi doesn't degrade the screen quality, fact is it simply does. I stopped reading at "yes it adds a fine grainy effect on the screen."

I saw it with my own eyes. It was terrible.

15. anthrovisual macrumors regular

In my case, I would use the term retina because the rainbow grain that some people are complaining about with anti-glare screen protectors seems to be isolated to the iPad's retina display. When you take the same protector and put it on an iPad 2, the rainbow grain is gone. Simply, the screen protector was not designed for this level of pixel density (or whatever way you want to put it). While it may not take away from all of the benefits of a retina display, it is a problem specific to the display being "retina." To me, it's a big problem. I hate the rainbow graininess. Looks awful.

What's promising is that a Moshi rep told me they are working on a new screen protector designed specifically for the new iPad. So I just have to find a temporary solution until that is released (possibly months away).

16. badpinoy macrumors regular

17. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

I have this on my Galaxy Note. It's ok indoors, but totally sucks when u go to the beach. Going to get the SGP ultra crystal for my iPad. I had it on my infuse and it was pretty amazing.

18. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

FWIW, I got an email from Moshi today stating the only difference in the new version would be the packaging reflecting iPad 3 compatibility.

19. AceCoolie macrumors regular

I installed the Moshi black Anti-glare this weekend and it's not too bad. It's defiantly the easiest to install screen protector that I've used. You do get a slight haziness to the display but it's not too bad. The best thing is that your fingers easily glide across the screen making it much easier to use. I've got a power support coming that I'll probably use instead but this one isn't half bad.

20. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

How good is the power support one ? Anti-fingerprint ? How does the film affects the camera ? As well, I cannot find one for the iPad 3 on there UK site (but I emailed them nevertheless).

Cheers,

21. AceCoolie macrumors regular

I had the power support on my iPad 2 and it was excellent. I had planned to wait for the iPad 3 version to be released so when I bought my new iPad, I put a Wrapsol on it because that was all they had.

I got tired of the glare and how my finger wouldn't slide on the screen with the Wrapsol so I decided to order a Power Support 2 anyway since they are claiming they aren't making any changes for the iPad 3 version. While I was waiting for it to arrive, I happened across the Moshi while at the AT&T store for something else and decided to try it. I think the Moshi is about 85% as good as the Power support. If you factor in the ease of install, I guess I'd give it a 90%.

It degrades the screen a little more than my Power Support did and I find it odd that it makes the screen look kind of chromed/mirrored when the power is off. Over all, it's a good screen protector.

22. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

This might be a dumb question and off topic, but Could I use the Moshi to turn my white iPad 2 to black? Just thought I might change color for a change of pace.

23. mrkjsn thread starter macrumors 6502

I did with mine. I have a black iPad and got the white Moshi.

24. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

25. frega macrumors member

Just bought one. Noticed they just slapped on a sticker on the iPad 2 version for the new iPad.

I had a black one for the iPad2. Now that I have a white one for the new iPad, I've found a tiny border where the screen protector's bezel is covering the screen.

Just a tiny portion, but it's bugging me a little because I didn't notice it on the iPad2 black version.