Moshi iVisor XT (CLEAR) for New iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TB07-NJ, May 10, 2012.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

2. frega macrumors member

Let us know if its as ****** as the iVisor AG.

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Since I don't have an AG I don't think I will be able to compare them however it has to be somewhat better since it is clear and is NOT anti-glare.

4. frega macrumors member

[​IMG]
    iVisor AG vs nothing

5. frega macrumors member

rainbow grains is VERY VERY VERY visible with white background. You can amp up the saturation and you'll see it.

6. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Why are we discussing the AG (Anti-Glare) model here **AGAIN**? There are multiple other threads about that. This thread is about the new XT (crystal clear) version which is not AG.

If by some chance the new clear model is decent it will just confuse everyone.

7. frega macrumors member

Because you brought it up.

I just gave you a comparison.

8. frega macrumors member

9. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Anyone have the clear one for the new iPad? How is it?

10. flyinjack macrumors newbie

I have the new model installed on a white ipad 3.... I have to say that I am not a fan of the screen protector.

It does this very odd "rainbow" or oil slick looking thing under the clear portion of the screen that somewhat distorts the image on the ipad screen.

It also has a ledge, or difference in thickness between the clear part and the white border, when you move your finger across the screen portion to the edge.

It was the best option available to me in the store at the time so I'm making due, but I plan on changing it to something better later on.

I will compliment them on the install however. It was fairly painless and there are no bubbles... just the rainbow effect if you push on the screen protector very much (i.e. game).

Jack

11. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes, I find it to be excellent but it's possible I'm not as "fussy" as other people.

Not sure what YOU have buy my (Black) iVisor XT (purchased from Moshi about 2 months ago) has absolutely no ledge between the screen part and the black edge. I can run my fingernail across the transition without the slightest feel of any sort of edge.

Also there is absolutely zero "rainbow or oilslick" (but I don't play games). Are you sure you have the NEW one? There was another clear model made a long time ago for the iPad 2 which had been discontinued. Did you buy it from Moshi direct?

12. flyinjack macrumors newbie

I have a white ipad 3..... I tossed the package already but it did say that is was specifically made for the new ipad.

I purchased it from a Virgin store in Dubai so it very may well be an "old" model sold as the current one. That would fit in very well with how they pull crap over here.

I'm happy enough with it that I have not removed it, but I will replace it as soon as I have the chance to get something better.