Moshi Keyboard cover works on rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iSabifi, Nov 18, 2012.

1. iSabifi macrumors member

iSabifi

I just ordered a Moshi keyboard protector cover, I was just wondering if it would still work on my rMBP? Is the keyboard still the same as the non-retina MBP? Is the edge of the keyboard the same??? Thanks.

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Please read the sticky at the top of the forum.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah, it should work. The recent concern has not been about it not fitting, but that it would scratch the screen by coming into contact with it when the lid is closed.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Scratch the screen? I think not.

Make a mark on the screen? Yes, everyday.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

While I don't think it would scratch the screen, I've heard people say that the dirt on the keyboard protector could scratch the screen. I guess it could, possibly... But it's a bit far fetched. The dirt would have to rub back and forth (a lot), and even then... :eek:

6. Acronyc macrumors 6502

I know it's not a rMBP, but just for reference I've used a Moshi keyboard protector on my 2010 11" Air without any scratching, and I've carried it all over. After a while it makes some light dust marks on the screen, but these are easily cleaned off. Two years later, the screen is still in pristine condition.

7. iSabifi thread starter macrumors member

iSabifi

I just got mine in today and I don't know if I should close the screen with the the protector on or off of it. What do I do?