Moshi keyboard cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by writehog, Aug 10, 2011.

1. writehog macrumors newbie

Hello

I am using moshi keyboard cover on my 13 macbook pro, however I have found out that I cant type at my normal speed, Does any one other is facing similar problem.

Also If I remove it will dust, hair,etc damage internal parts of the notebook.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Nope. Personally, I found that the Moshi Clearguard was the best naturally feeling cover and I've tested quite a few and typing speed remains the same with.

3. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

no problems here, love the moshi. Mine is due for a cleaning though.

4. jamisonbaines macrumors regular

I think it's overpriced for what it is but I like mine and type at the same speed with or without it.

Taking it off will not damage your computer unless you are seriously filthy.

5. fingerman macrumors member

My Moshi is on 75% of the time apart from when I'm typing quickly and when it's annoying!

It's definitely beneficial to be on the keyboard to stop the crap getting in between the keys and to put off the shineyness/fading of the keypad over time

Also my hands are really dry so I try to moisturize quite often so I don't care if this goes on the Moshi!

6. kennyleeme macrumors newbie

i can agree with you on this. with the moshi, it's so hard to type fast that it sorta cramps my fingers up trying to type fast.. if you know what i mean... i bought it and used it for 1 hour and threw it back in the box... what a waste.

7. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I type slower with it on too. I can still type about 60 wpm, but I'm usually an 80-90 wpm typer.

8. palpatine macrumors 68040

i haven't tried moshi, but i found other keyboard covers were a horrible impediment. i know that moshi is superior to the thick silicon ones, but it is still something to block heat dissipation and slow me down. so, i just use canned air every few days. no problems so far. in fact, my computer looks brand new. regular cleaning seems to have also kept the keys from getting shiny. at any rate, dust and other debris will not hinder computer performance, so i don't think you have anything to worry about.

one word of advice: don't eat or drink near the computer. a lot of headaches can be prevented this way.

9. hooneyrob macrumors member

If you want your MacBook to continue looking new then it's the only way to go but I find it difficult to type quickly with the Moshi on.. It cannot be compared in any way to typing without the cover..

I keep it on when I'm using my external keyboard but if I'm out and about the cover stays at home.

10. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

The Moshi is a prophylactic for the keyboard haha. OK, I don't have one. But I have used computers with them. I find them annoying. Just use the keyboard as is. I've been doing that for years & haven't had any problems.