Moshi Keyboard Guard Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woojun912, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Woojun912 macrumors member

2 days ago I bought my first 13" macbook pro. They didn't have the moshi keyboard hard cover so I had to order from the store. I had them ship it to the store instead so earlier tonight I saw my email saying it's ready for pickup. I went to the mall in this town, i am using it at this moment as I type this forum thread. Anyone have any keyboard covers? You should definitely get this.

Here's the link:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV901LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg

And the actual site:
    http://store.moshimonde.com/clearguard-mb-us-layout.html

:apple:

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Its really good! I bought mine and love it! It does make a little different when typing but I HATE shiny keys. Although with greasy hands, it gets dirty easily. But I just scrub it with some soap and its clean! Con is that on the 13" it block the speakers

3. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

I just realized that our speakers is under the keyboards after I read your thread. LOL. I apologized I am new to mac. This is my first mac. Wait, how do I clean this?

I, too, have greasy hands. I think almost everyone does. My cousin who has a macbook pro 15" his keys are shiny and I didn't want mine to get that way. He has greasy hands and he eats at his computer which is worse adding worse. :)

May I ask, are you a female or male? Haha. I'm a male and virgo (zodiac).

4. TechStooge macrumors member

worth every penny. best keyboard cover ont he market.

the speakers direct most of the sound thrgouh the back vents

5. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

Good thing i use headphones.

Hey I have question:
    Do you guys think buying the DR DRE Headphones is worth it? I have a $100 bose one. I see the Dr Dre headphones quite a bit. So Im wondering if anyone has that?

6. beeda macrumors newbie

No, don't get them. Your Bose might sound better already, but if you're in the market for some new headphones I would recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50, Shure SRH-840 or the Fischer FA-003.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The Moshi keyboard cover deteriates after some use and it's get cloudy. Then you're suppose to clean it with soap and water… except I can never seem to get it clean at all. The iSkin Pro protector I purchased after using the Moshi one seems to work very well and still does (though the keys are starting to wear out).

They're not terrible, but they are too expensive for what you get.

8. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

I google imaged them, which ones do you highly recommend among the three? :)

----------

My sister has the iskin. She doesn't ike to use keyboard guards so i tried it a bit but i like moshi better. I guess it's a personal preference sort of thing.

9. beeda macrumors newbie

I use the M50 with an amp. They have a good amount of bass to them, with a bit of the mids being recessed (nothing a simple EQ or good amp can't fix). If you are thinking about getting a pair right now, I would say to either get the FiiO E10 amp or wait until the new E17 comes out (has got a lot of the audiophiles on a budget worked up, but up to you).

10. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

I will check them out and seek the use of Dr Dre and M50. :) Thank you. I'm open to all suggestions.

11. beeda macrumors newbie

I'm saying to NOT get the beats, you will be overpaying. The headphones I listed are very popular and much better than the beats.

12. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I know you're not saying to NOT get the beats. :) I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

13. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

[​IMG]

14. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

LOL. Sorry I'm a virgo ;/

15. AppleFanatic10, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I have a generic keyboard cover for my MB. It kind of feels weird when you're typing on it, but eventually you'll get used to it. How's the Moshi Keyboard cover?

[​IMG]

16. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I like my Moshi keyboard cover. It does feel a bit strange at first, but I got used to it reasonably quickly. You can definitely tell when it gets dirty because it looks cloudy. A quick wash with some soap and it's good as new.

17. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

It's working great for me! Have it with the Moshi PalmGuard too, prevents grime from building up on the surface and protects my Mac from accidental spills.

18. TechStooge macrumors member

what does that have to do with th emoshi keyboard cocver?

i u got money to burn buy it

19. Eddyquan macrumors newbie

20. saberahul macrumors 68040

I have greasy fingers so when my keyboard used to get dirty, I'd just dip it in a bucket of nice warm water and all the grease would vanish!

On a serious note:

I got mine about a month ago and absolutely love it. Best keyboard protector ever. Best part is that the light comes through.

21. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Cleaning this? Like i said, just use soap. I use hand soap to clean my cover. Easy process.

I've been using it over a year already!

22. hooneyrob macrumors member

The Moshi cover (as installed on my MBP) is very good if you're not doing too much typing but, for anybody using their keyboard for long periods of time, it's terrible when compared to typing without it.

23. Woojun912 thread starter macrumors member

Wow! :) I love the moshi keyboard cover. :) Thank you for asking.

----------

I'm getting used to mine fairly quickly and I like how perfect it fits on the keys. :D

24. Eddyquan macrumors newbie

I've really been looking at getting one of these, and an iCarbons skin to protect my MBP.

How much tactility does this keyguard remove? Cause I love the currently feel of the keys and such...

25. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You'll definitely notice the difference, but it's still functional.