Moshi Luna Illuminated Keyboard??

tony3d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Has anyone used the Moshi Luna Illuminated Keyboard? Does it work under Mt. Lion? Are you pleased with it. How does the feel compare to the Apple stander keyboard that came with my new Mac Pro? Sems like one of the best Illuminated ones Iv'e seen. Is it really 100% Mac compatible? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

inhalexhale1

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2011
PA
Has anyone used the Moshi Luna Illuminated Keyboard? Does it work under Mt. Lion? Are you pleased with it. How does the feel compare to the Apple stander keyboard that came with my new Mac Pro? Sems like one of the best Illuminated ones Iv'e seen. Is it really 100% Mac compatible? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.
I have not tried the moshi, but I've used the Logitech K800 which is wireless/backlit. It was comfortable. The keyboard works with Mac, but logitech's software did not from what I remember. You might want to check it out.

If you do buy the moshi, post a review!

tony3d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I have not tried the moshi, but I've used the Logitech K800 which is wireless/backlit. It was comfortable. The keyboard works with Mac, but logitech's software did not from what I remember. You might want to check it out.

If you do buy the moshi, post a review!
Thanks. I will. Just ordered it.

tony3d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Well, I went ahead and bought the Moshi Luna Keyboard, and here are some of my observations. I noticed that the Moshi Luna Illuminated keyboard can't perform a Pram reset by holding the p,r,option, command keys on restart. Other than that one issue the keyboard is simply a joy to use! The key's have a better more solid tactical feedback than the standard Apple keyboard. A much better height angle at 9 degrees feels very comfortable, and totally brilliant white backlighting. The construction is really first rate. even though it is plastic, it is a very high grade thick plastic. The keyboard is actually quite a bit heavier than the Apple keyboard. I'm very pleased so far. Guess I'll have use my Apple keyboard to perform a Pram reset. No biggie really. The benefits far out weigh that. If you can live with the Pram thing, I would recommend this keyboard to anyone looking for a solid illuminated keyboard. Oh, and every function key works perfectly!

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Does anyone know of a keyboard that has

a french canadian layout
backlit
bluetooth 4.0

• numeric keypad
    and preferably OS X and windows friendly
    Media keys
    a delete key

The moshi and Logitech K-series seem to offer some of the features but not all.

ttmctoad

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
VA
Tony3d,
Thanks for the review. Is the Moshi Luna Keyboard compatible with Mountain Lion? Do you still like it?
Thanks,
Todd