Moshi Luna Illuminated Keyboard??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tony3d, Aug 13, 2012.

1. tony3d macrumors 6502

Has anyone used the Moshi Luna Illuminated Keyboard? Does it work under Mt. Lion? Are you pleased with it. How does the feel compare to the Apple stander keyboard that came with my new Mac Pro? Sems like one of the best Illuminated ones Iv'e seen. Is it really 100% Mac compatible? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

2. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

I have not tried the moshi, but I've used the Logitech K800 which is wireless/backlit. It was comfortable. The keyboard works with Mac, but logitech's software did not from what I remember. You might want to check it out.

If you do buy the moshi, post a review!

3. tony3d thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I will. Just ordered it.

4. tony3d thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I went ahead and bought the Moshi Luna Keyboard, and here are some of my observations. I noticed that the Moshi Luna Illuminated keyboard can't perform a Pram reset by holding the p,r,option, command keys on restart. Other than that one issue the keyboard is simply a joy to use! The key's have a better more solid tactical feedback than the standard Apple keyboard. A much better height angle at 9 degrees feels very comfortable, and totally brilliant white backlighting. The construction is really first rate. even though it is plastic, it is a very high grade thick plastic. The keyboard is actually quite a bit heavier than the Apple keyboard. I'm very pleased so far. Guess I'll have use my Apple keyboard to perform a Pram reset. No biggie really. The benefits far out weigh that. If you can live with the Pram thing, I would recommend this keyboard to anyone looking for a solid illuminated keyboard. Oh, and every function key works perfectly!

5. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Does anyone know of a keyboard that has

a french canadian layout
    backlit
    bluetooth 4.0

• numeric keypad
      and preferably OS X and windows friendly
      Media keys
      a delete key

The moshi and Logitech K-series seem to offer some of the features but not all.

6. ttmctoad macrumors newbie

Tony3d,
    Thanks for the review. Is the Moshi Luna Keyboard compatible with Mountain Lion? Do you still like it?
    Thanks,
    Todd

7. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Yup it works with ML. I'm using it right now.

8. chaseychasem macrumors regular

But does the dashboard key not work in ML? Read a review to that effect.

9. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube