Moshi Mini DP to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support - Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Finox831, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Finox831 macrumors member

Video/Audio work fine on my Samsung tv but I'm having one HUGE problem! every time I turn off my tv while the adapter is connected it will freeze up my mac then once I turned on my tv it will unfreeze it self.

-AppleCare couldn't even figure out the problem :/

2. regieferg macrumors newbie

i am no expert, but i would think the computer is trying to adjust display for the tv and computer, but tv isn't responding since it is off.

i tested it on my hdtv with it off. it did the same thing that yours did.

3. Finox831 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I don't know that the deal is...It might be either my TV, HDMI Cable, or Mac that is causing this...I did buy a 3$ HDMI cable from amazon, but could a better cable really be the solution?

4. zacharace macrumors member

This is one of the most persistent myths related to cables: a higher-priced, "higher-quality" HDMI cable (eg, an $80 Monster one from Best Buy) performs exactly the same as your $3 Amazon one.

In short, the cheap cable (most likely) isn't the issue.

5. Finox831 thread starter macrumors member

6. animan macrumors member

I have the Moshi HDMI Adapter with Audio support also, but have not encountered the problem you mentioned. Have you tried unplugging the adapter from the MBP to see if it unfreezes?

I have quite the different issue with the Moshi adapter in that plugging in the adapter while the computer is on does not recognize the external monitor under MacOS. I have to reboot the machine with external monitor connected in order for it to work. Hot plugging external monitor seems to work fine under Windows bootcamp. Hoping a driver update with fix this issue.