Moshi palmguard or Wrapsol?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBehr, Jun 12, 2011.

1. MBehr macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I am debating whether to get just the Moshi palmguard or cover the entire laptop with Wrapsol. Any suggestions on which is best, or which one to buy? Buy.com has the palmguard for $20 and the wrapsol for $30. I was thinking for $10 more maybe I should just get the wrapsol.

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Neither.
    Really the only part of a MBP that shows wear is the sharp edge and that is the very place none of the products protect. Everything else doesn't need any extra protection. It just looks terrible and costs money.

3. ShootingStars macrumors member

Neither is right
    I think people only buy these "guards" because the pre unibody macbooks would wear and tear on the palmrest and keyboard area, but I've got nothing on my MBP keyboard/palmrest for a long while and there is no wear except your usual keyboard wear

4. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

wrapsol for the entire body. My mac is scratch free and in pristine condition.

I just put in for a replacement skin too since wrapsol has a life time warranty. Has paid for itself time and time again because I have marks on my mac that I have no idea where they came from..but they are just on the skin and not on the computer itself.

5. MBehr thread starter macrumors newbie

My brother has a 2008 macbook pro and has significant wear on the palm area. That is why I was thinking I needed the palmguard at least. Maybe I don't need one after all. Do you recommend getting a keyboard protector?

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

thats a 2008, not a unibody macbook pro

7. SylentSnipe macrumors newbie

SylentSnipe

Get a Spec case for it, I have a moshi palm gaurd on mine only because I am deployed and I dont want to get sand all on it and have my hands dirty it up. Plus the spec case looks pretty good on it.

8. hectorvs macrumors member

hectorvs

Get the moshi palmguards if you wear a watch. It will protect against scratches.

If not, get neither.

Above all, don't get one of those horrible keyboard protectors, they take away of the feel of the laptop quite a bit :/