Moshi Palmguard Problem!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pngwyn, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Pngwyn, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

Pngwyn macrumors regular

So I just purchased the Moshi Palmguard and I received it in the mail today. I bough it "New" on Amazon, but it came in a package like this:

[​IMG]

At first I was kinda disappointed, but I could deal. Then I noticed the backside a tiny part of the adhesive is missing on the side:

[​IMG]

For people who have used this palmguard will I have problems with the edge peeling off since the adhesive on the uncovered edge seems like it already got some dust/lint stuck on it. Should I return it or should it adhere just fine?

Also does this brand new generally come with the trackpad protector as well? Based on reviews on the Apple Store site it seems like it should, but mine doesn't include it..

2. Surely Guest

Surely

It came like that?:confused:

Mine came packaged in a sleeve.

Did you buy it from a 3rd party seller?

3. Pngwyn, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

Pngwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it was from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. The seller had good ratings, and the product was listed as new. I was pretty disappointed, but more disappointed about the functionality if it's not going to adhere well.

Do you have any comments on adherence? Is it likely this won't stick well with the missing peel?

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I'd be concerned that the exposed part won't stick properly. It very well might work just fine, but if it were me, I'd return it.

5. Pngwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.. sigh. I shoulda just spent a few extra bucks on the Amazon one :\

The seller wants me to ship it back before he'll refund me and he wants me to be responsible for the return shipping charges which are gonna be around $10 for something as oblong as this, kinda ridiculous when the whole product including shipping was only $18..

6. The-Pro macrumors 65816

well mine came in a designed cardboard sleeve from Moshi. with trackpad protector aswell. i hate the trackpad protector though. it works well, its a bit to small though and it gives the trackpad the same feel as the palmguard. that sucks, you loose the while glass feel.

send it back, its weird it cost so much to send it. i paid 25€ for my brand new one. Feel sorry for ya man, sucks u got a bad one :(:(

7. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

you got robbed, dude.

file a complaint with amazon to force the clown to cover all shipping charges involved. you shouldnt be responsible for their blatant attempt to defraud you.

8. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

BTW, i always buy my moshi stuff from mygearstore.com and i'm a huge whore for moshi accessories.

and you can always use MGSHANDS20 for 20% off your order.